NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
lostmario

AEW Fight Forever (Spiritual Successor to No Mercy)

Couldn't find a thread so sorry if one exists.

Gameplay footage of AEW Fight Forever debuted at Gamescom.

For 20+ years I've waited for a wrestling game to match up to the legendary No Mercy and the other AKI wrestling games.

The wait might be over judging by this.

• Like 1

I'll probably be picking this up. No wrestling game has been close to matching No Mercy but this looks like it's having a good go at it.

Any word on how the career mode plays out? Again, No Mercy's branching paths meant you got a stupid amount of time out of it. I'm hoping for something similar.

19 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'll probably be picking this up. No wrestling game has been close to matching No Mercy but this looks like it's having a good go at it.

Any word on how the career mode plays out? Again, No Mercy's branching paths meant you got a stupid amount of time out of it. I'm hoping for something similar.

They interviewed someone from THQ who said it would have a deep career mode.

I'd imagine the career mode will be very similar to No Mercy based on what we've seen so far.

• Thanks 1

I like the look of this but I've had no interest in AEW so far. It just hasn't clicked with me, so not sure if I'll pick this up but it is great that we are getting a decent looking wrestling game on the Switch and not those reskinned 2K WWE games that I would loved to have bought. I remember one of the first that came to Switch, you needed an extra SD card for the 32GB of data it needed to install before you  could play. (or something like that)

It certainly seems to be helping that some of the AEW EVPs are gamers and reportedly big fans of No Mercy.

It looks and feels like a modern day No Mercy and I actually like the rather bloated AEW roster.  I’m not sure how they’ll differentiate the characters, with there being so many, and I wish graphically it was a little stronger, but if the gameplay works then I’m pretty sure that’ll all be forgotten!

Sign in to follow this