NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

All-new PlayStation Plus: Premium / Deluxe | Extra | Essential

Rally Cross became available to download for me over the weekend. So clearly the customer service people who were telling everyone the game wasn't part of this months line up were full of it and just hiding the fact that the download was borked for many gamers for some reason. The communication and tech side of this service has been abysmal since day one. I'm still waiting for Dino Crisis to hit after that got leaked ages ago. 

I fired up Rally Cross and got hit with a massive burst of nostalgia, not because I played the game back in the day but because of how the game looked. I always loved the blocky look of car games during that era. Colin McRae Rally, Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer and Driver all give off the same feeling and this game echoes those games. Handling is a bit rough though. It has taken a lot of practice to get used to it, as well as trying out various cars to see which one fit me best. Really enjoying it now that I can handle the vehicle correctly.

Been playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands with a mate and it's good fun.
It's basically just Borderlands and we always enjoy the games :p

I need to find some time to game for myself, though...maybe today after work. I've started playing Nobody Saves the World last weekend. Played it a while ago on PC with a mate, but the co-op sucked for various reasons. It's much better solo :D

Edited by drahkon

22 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I need to find some time to game for myself, though...maybe today after work. I've started playing Nobody Saves the World last weekend. Played it a while ago on PC with a mate, but the co-op sucked for various reasons. It's much better solo :D

I played it at the start of last year. It's decent enough but I feel it outstays it's welcome. Plus, not being able to be OP and being limited to certain forms in certain dungeons didn't sit right with me. Platinum is a pain the butt as well as you need to do two play throughs.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I played it at the start of last year. It's decent enough but I feel it outstays it's welcome. Plus, not being able to be OP and being limited to certain forms in certain dungeons didn't sit right with me. Platinum is a pain the butt as well as you need to do two play throughs.

Thanks for the heads-up. I think I'm gonna keep playing, maybe finish it once and then leave it at that :D

Monthly games for Feb:

• Foamstars

• Rollerdrome

• Steelrising

I mean...sure, I guess :laughing:

• Thanks 1

Games for the Catalog in Feb:

Resistance: Retribution is also inbound as a Premium game via Classics: 

Comes with a number of enhancements, too:

Experience Resistance: Retribution, originally released on the PSP and now enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters. Fueled by vengeance, former British Marine James Grayson intends to destroy the Chimeran conversion centers at any cost. Enlisted by the European resistance, The Maquis, he soon learns the Chimera have evolved a new method of converting humans.

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Resistance: Retribution is a fantastic PSP game and one I've been waiting to hit the service. Very happy with it finally arriving. Now, if we could get Daxter next...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple of games were leaving the service this month that I wanted to play (Oninaki and Lost Sphear). With both being JRPGs, I wouldn't have time to play both and so went with Oninaki.

GGiOA_mXgAA3ju-?format=jpg&name=large

I liked I Am Setsuna better. I've still yet to play Tokyo RPG Factory's other game but it's easy to see why they were dissolved by Square-Enix. Both games I've played by them were very average and its no surprise why the gaming community didn't purchase these games.

Setsuna was turn based but Oninaki is action focused and is worse for it. The game lacks the fast and fluid gameplay needed to pull off an action JRPG and in comparison to say something like one the Tales of games, this feels very clunky indeed.

The narrative is pretty decent though. It revolves around death and just accepting it rather than trying to fight it. There are certainly some pretty dark moments during the story and there are some choices that you can make which change the outcome of certain events, even the ending.

Trophy wise, it was a pain to get the platinum. After finishing the game you have to complete a 100 level dungeon. You can only save every 5 levels and doing a set of 5 takes around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on what stages the RNG decides to give you. It was an absolute slog. So was performing all of the special moves. This was because it was all RNG as well. When you perform a certain action there is a small chance it will activate a special ability. After doing everything else in the game, I still had to farm for this. Awful trophy.

Yeah, not a great game but I still want to play Lost Sphear at some point. Clearly I'm a sucker for punishment.

• Like 2

Games leaving next month.

leaving-soon-new-batch-asia-v0-pwobdmaxt

Looks like I'm gonna have to get my finger out and play Outer Wilds because that was one of my PS4 pledges.

GGyN92RWMAALhu1?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

Es0.gif

Been waiting patiently for Sifu to arrive on PS+ :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Only Sifu of any interest to me.

Recently finished a couple of this month's games.

GHcVBC-WAAAaEqC?format=jpg&name=large

GHcVBC9XsAAbuiH?format=jpg&name=large

Jet Moto 2 was a decent upgrade from the original, although some of the tracks had a little too many pitfalls for my liking. 

Resistance Retribution was great. Loved it back in the day and it was fun playing through it again after all these years. It was nice having the ability to use both control sticks. I never knew this was a feature back then if you connected a PS3 controller. Pretty neat. The game was also longer than I remember. Bend done an amazing job in bringing the console FPS to the PSP in 3rd person shooter form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks like Grandia is getting trophies after all.

https://www.exophase.com/game/grandia-psn/trophies/

Guess they are getting patched in.

Trophies for Grandia 2 have also popped up. This means it's probably not too far away from a release. 

OOOHHHHHHHH! YES! :D
Now can I just have some more time to play games? :(

Anyways, I did recently try out Sifu but I don't think it's for me. Can't really put my finger on it but I just don't get on with it. Maybe I'll give it another go soon.

Posted (edited)

The Grandia trophies seem to be for the HD Collection which is now listed on the PSN store and not for the PS1 version :(

Edited by drahkon

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

The Grandia trophies seem to be for the HD Collection which is now listed on the PSN store and not for the PS1 version :(

Bah! :( 

Wonder if it will be part of PS+?

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Anyways, I did recently try out Sifu but I don't think it's for me. Can't really put my finger on it but I just don't get on with it. Maybe I'll give it another go soon.

I've added it to my library but have no idea when I'll get around to playing it. Loved the look of it when it was first announced but never got around to picking it up.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Bah! :( 

Wonder if it will be part of PS+?

We'll probably find out tomorrow when they announce the new Extra/Premium games (unless the collection actually gets released today, in which case it will definitely not come to PS+).

18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Loved the look of it when it was first announced

Same but for some reason it just doesn't gel with me. I breezed through the first mission and dropped it immediately.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

• NBA 2K24 Kobe Bryant Edition | PS4, PS5
  • Marvel's Midnight Suns | PS4, PS5
  • Resident Evil 3 | PS4, PS5
  • LEGO DC Supervillains | PS4
  • Mystic Pillars: Remastered | PS5
  • Blood Bowl 3 | PS4, PS5
  • Super Neptunia RPG | PS4
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot* | PS5

PlayStation Premium | Classics

• Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier | PS4, PS5
  • Cool Boarders | PS4, PS5
  • Gods Eater Burst | PS4, PS5
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy | PS4
  • JoJos Bizarre Adventure AllStar Battle R

Midnight Suns, the only Jak game I never played, Cool Borders...pretty pleased.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to play Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, apparently it's broken for lots of people and won't load past a certain level. This comes after Resistance: Retribution received a patch last week that fixed a couple of minor issues but broke the trophies. 

Games leaving the service next month.

Games leaving April 16th:

- Bayswater Fishing
- Chicken Police - Paint it Red
- Dangerous Golf
- Everspace
- Fighting EX Layer
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- Gunvol Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX
- Necromunda: Underhive Wars
- Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure
- R-Type Final 2
- Soul Calibur 6

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Man, we're getting a lot of Star Wars ports, hard to complain!

But idk maybe bring KOTOR over so it's not a Switch console exclusive and the original LEGO Star Wars games and I'll be an even happier bunny :p

29 minutes ago, Julius said:

But idk maybe bring KOTOR over so it's not a Switch console exclusive and the original LEGO Star Wars games and I'll be an even happier bunny :p

I love the original Lego Star Wars games (still have my Gamecube versions). They were so simple and weren't bogged down with the open world stuff that's in them now. Playing through The Skywalker Saga last year was a complete slog.

I, for one, would love to see less Star Wars games being put on the service :p

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I, for one, would love to see less Star Wars games being put on the service :p

To be fair, given the abundance of other games that could hit the service, I think this is a reasonable request. 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this