NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MindFreak

My Wish

I hope that one day games will go back to the roots.. instead of one always having to collect a certain amount of something or shoot someone important to progress in the game, I want to actually just come to the goal of a level..

One of my biggest wishes is Super Mario Bros 3 re-animated.. with updated graphics and new levels and such.. where all you need to do is come from A to B..

I know that Prince of Persia had this element.. Although I haven't been able to get my hands on this:(..

Super Mario 64 was great.. but is it just me, or is it tiring to collect things all the time? If there's too much to collect that might keep me from playing the games more than twice.. I know it's difficult to make a game lengthy an' all.. but.. well.. it's difficult to describe how I feel about this..

Hope you understand just a little of my feelings about this..;) heh..

Try and grap ahold of the original Prince of Persia.

It's a superb game and might allow you to kill some time with an old school style 'A-B' :D

I'd wish for other things over than being video-game related... but if you mean game related i'd guess Streets of rage making a comeback, they decided not to develop the fourth.

You can play the original PoP after completing Sands Of Time.

I think there's a code to unlock it if you can't be arsed though. Sands Of Time is good too.

SoT and The Two Thrones provied some of the best "point to point" platforming and killing there is.

Just stay from Warrior Within... god that game is awful.

Yeah, getting chased by the Balrog didn't really add much. And also, that bit where he runs across the bridge and it collapses, taking the Balrog with it...Total Dahaka moment right there.

SoT and The Two Thrones provied some of the best "point to point" platforming and killing there is.

Just stay from Warrior Within... god that game is awful.

I find WW better than Sot atm, more atmosphere and some nice enemies. It's just that i'm playing it on a pc, and pop games suck on pc. Might pick it up for gc one day.

I find WW better than Sot atm, more atmosphere and some nice enemies. It's just that i'm playing it on a pc, and pop games suck on pc. Might pick it up for gc one day.

Just go buy a 360 wired pad. Joypad problems solved ;)

I'm just wishing they'd made a cube version of contra. But that's probably never gonna happen so I stick to my ikaruga for old-school :)

I picked up We Love Katamari for the PS2 at the weekend, and it's just soooo refreshingly different to anything I've played before and for that reason I love it.

It's also very random with its presentation and the weird/funny script when NPC's describe the backdrop for the missions actually makes you want to read every detail.

The gameplay is very basic, but that's what makes it so good, and that combined with the controls really makes it a joy to play.

It may not be in-line with your request for "back to basic games", but it definitely comes close. If you have a PS2 then pick it up, as it represents a game designers freedom to create something you don't see very often nowdays with all the license use and yearly sequals which publishers tend to opt to.

This goes against every license-hating fiber in my body but i want a kick-ass Thundercats game. I cant believe no one has done it yet and if im wrong, please, steer me in the right direction.

Sign in to follow this