N-Europe

46 N-Europe Games Tournament

Glen-i

Cheers for the games @drahkon :)

I think this weeks set of games should have been titled... "Games which play automatically"

There is strategy involved, and you played well though. :peace:

I just seems like a lot of it is predetermined, so the game just plays out in a certain way after so many moves have been played.

Anyway, bring on the other games in the coming weeks, they can only get better from here on. :D

I got screenshots of all the results.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I think this weeks set of games should have been titled... "Games which play automatically"

There is strategy involved, and you played well though. :peace:

Yeah, these games pretty much go like this: One player makes a mistake/misses a move or it ends in a draw. Renegade seemed to be the most "fair", 'cause there exist way more possible moves than in the other two.

3 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I got screenshots of all the results.

Me, too. Not sure if @Glen-i needs 'em, though, if you can vouch for the results:

S.C.G. 1 - 2 drahkon in Dots and Boxes
S.C.G. 0 - 3 drahkon in 4-in-a-Row
S.C.G. 0 - 3 drahkon in Renegade

• Thanks 2

OK, here we go. Next set of games are titled:

Taking the Long Way Round

250px-Long_Way_Round.jpg

Once Backgammon is done, one of those blokes won't be smiling.

This week's games: Mancala, Backgammon
Each game will be played 3 times (Best out of 3 format)

Bracketing

@drahkon VS @viceview51
@Glen-i VS @S.C.G

Mancala Rules: First Move - Random
Backgammon Rules: "Play Single Game" Format

These two games involve moving pieces in a really roundabout way to the goal. Backgammon would be a hell of a lot more simple if you could just move your pieces upwards! The goal is right there!

Just now, Glen-i said:

Seeing as these are 2-player games, you're free to arrange a more convenient day if you so wish.

That said, @S.C.G. I'm available at Saturday, 8pm.

So long as Saturday, 8pm is convenient for you, that's fine, as it's convenient for me as well. :)

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@S.C.G, do you mind if I change our time to 6pm tonight?

I don't mind, 6pm could work, I've just got to be a bit more organised when it comes to cooking, in order to coincide with that time. :)

It might end up being more towards 6:15pm or so, if that works? I'm just being realistic, I don't want to say 6pm and then keep you waiting.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If you say so.

In that case, I won both games tonight.

Thanks for the games, @S.C.G would play some more, but I promised @drahkon we'd play SMB 3 at 7.

I've found that this way, even though there are a lot of games in this collection which I've never played, even if I don't do very well, I still learn about the game by playing, it's fun just to see what happens, rather than reading the rules sometimes. :smile:

Then again... there can be that initial moment of "why can't I move that piece to that space?" but I soon come to understand how it works.

I enjoyed our games, and I look forward to seeing what the other games in the collection have to offer in the coming weeks. :peace:

Also, I was aware that you were planning on playing Super Mario Bros. 3 as well, and as interesting as Worldwide Games can be, there's no contest when it comes to an all-time Nintendo classic. :D

In fact, I'm going to give Super Mario All-Stars a go myself in a bit, as it has been a while since I last played it.

• Thanks 1