NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shaithan

New Reggie interview

RF: I would think [it'll be similar to the DS]. Again, that's been part of our [plan] in creating an environment that is more friend and peer-to-peer based, versus simply, I wanna go take on everybody for certain types of games.

Bollocks, they must realise they need a good centralised online system, like Xbox Live!

If you see the example of Apple and the iPod. They keep things quiet right up until the full anouncement then they release it a few weeks later.

That works with the iPod because they are only releasing revisions of the product and it is already the leader in the market. This is a whole new product, which isn't leading. I doubt it will work doing it that way.

keep the hype all the way up to launch

No i'm sorry. It was hype last year when we first saw it etc..

Now i reckon people are growing bored of the waiting for small tidbits every 2 months or so! (well i know i am)

This product is totally different, some people don't like change! It's about time Nintendo just explained everything now. If they want to appeal to the older generation as well etc.. they will need to explain it, although i doubt very much my nan is at all interested in it.

Like i said before E3 2006 should be a explosion of Revolution details! Price, Launch date, games, price of downloads, playable demos. Metroid, Super Smash Bros, Mario 128 etc.. etc..

I mean where the heck is Mario 128? It better be out of this world, otherwise it's going to be a HUGE anti-climax (which i doubt, but you never know). Couldn't they have given us just 1 measly screenshot?!

Nintendo have been doing a superb job with the Revolution etc..they have gained alot of hype last year and alot of people are interested in it. I think what they have created is fantastic and i can't wait for it, it's going to be superb fun!

I'm impatient, yes, but i just believe people need more information and they need it very soon.

I think the masses need to know what we know, sure we dont know jack really, but we know at least about the virtual console and the controller. Ask people walking down the street or better, go in game stores and ask if they know what it is, they dont have a clue. Sure they know of Nintendo, their opinion of which is based on the GameCube and perhaps the DS but a sort of pre-emptive warm up advertising scheme needs to be done. Even if its just 'The Revolution is coming' with a picture of the ruddy thing so people know it exists!

Im not too bothered we dont know everything yet, i kinda like the myteriousness of it all.

I think the masses need to know what we know, sure we dont know jack really, but we know at least about the virtual console and the controller. Ask people walking down the street or better, go in game stores and ask if they know what it is, they dont have a clue. Sure they know of Nintendo, their opinion of which is based on the GameCube and perhaps the DS but a sort of pre-emptive warm up advertising scheme needs to be done. Even if its just 'The Revolution is coming' with a picture of the ruddy thing so people know it exists!

Im not too bothered we dont know everything yet, i kinda like the myteriousness of it all.

I agree. I honestly like the mysteriousness as well, it's just i think Nintendo are taking it a little too far.

Good Luck to them though, the Revolution deserves to be the biggest selling console.

The thing is most people don't care about info. The majority of the buyers don't buy gaming mags or read gaming sites, they just see the console in the stores and buy it. What Nintendo needs is public awareness and for that they need a cool image and smart advertising. For exemple teasing TV ads with a black screen a the blue Revo light. Then the words "A Revolution is coming." appear slowly. People will be intrigued by it and they will want to know what product it is.

I went into game the other day and asked the staff if they had heard about the Revolution and they knew it was the nintendo console but that was about it. i had to explain to them what was involved. they were dicks anyway they kept trying to tell me that the PS3 was the must have of the next gen. i got so pissed off i just walked out. idiots.

any way nintendo need to get the rev fully unveiled at E3 and get major advertising and PR going after that. hit the ground running people.

If someone says that the PS3 will be the must-have console of next gen then just ask why. I bet 9 out of 10 will just say 'cos Sony iz da best!1!1!!'

If someone says that the PS3 will be the must-have console of next gen then just ask why. I bet 9 out of 10 will just say 'cos Sony iz da best!1!1!!'

Your 100% right, and if Nintendo don't show whos boss, Sony 'may' lead the console war again, sorry let me re-phrase that, they 'will' lead the console war again!

Come on Nintendo show em whos boss!

i really hate the dicks at my local Game. they are quite litterally retarded. i was talking to a friend of mine the other day who was really into Gaming and he said "i cant wait for the PS3 it is going to kick ass" i asked why he wanted it he really couldn't tell me. i asked if he was going to buy the rev and he literillay had not heard of it. "is it a hand held" he asked. he thought nintendo were not going to make a new console.

nintendo have to get the word out.

he will anounce his love for shiggsy and cut his manhood off on stage declaring his batty is shiggys and shiggsys only all nintendo fans will then remove there own genatals as a act of shisggy love

he will anounce his love for shiggsy and cut his manhood off on stage declaring his batty is shiggys and shiggsys only all nintendo fans will then remove there own genatals as a act of shisggy love

I think they need to start showing ads, now, similar to the ones when the DS first came out. As an idea:

A middle aged father is seen looking in on his kids, making sure they're in bed, closes the bedroom door. Next he walks into the living room and picks up what he thinks is the TV remote and points it towards the TV, pressing the power button. The TV starts up as the console starts sending its signal (you won't see it at this point), the Nintendo logo comes up first on the TV (no need to reveal the name of the system at this point).

The father lifts the controller in front of his face, twisting it to the side at the same time, puzzled by what he's picked up. Beyond him you see the TV set lift up into the air, up over his head, spinning in direct relation to the movement of the controller. Noticing a blue glow, the father leans forward to look at the Revolution console, putting his hand out to the side and resting it on the arm of his chair. In response the TV zips across the room and smashes out through the window.

Sign in to follow this