NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Danger Zone (PS4/PC)

Danger Zone is an all new 3D vehicular destruction game, a genre we know well. The concept is simple : crash for cash by creating the biggest car crash.

The Danger Zone is a virtual Crash Testing Facility where players step into the shoes of a dangerous driver and are challenged to survive a variety of spectacular crash testing scenarios.

It’s easy to crash, but can you also grab all of the Bonus Pickups?

Powered by Unreal Engine, Danger Zone combines real physical crashes with explosive gameplay. Shunt vehicles into oncoming traffic, take down trailers to shed their payloads and use your explosive “SmashBreaker” to move your vehicle around. The more explosions you cause, the bigger your score.

If you’re feeling burnt out by congestion and jammed roads, take the highway to the Danger Zone. Take your revenge on rush hour traffic. This place is a paradise for those who like their driving flame-grilled.

Features:

• Single Player Game Mode featuring 20 unique crash testing scenarios.
  • Connected Leaderboards allow comparison of player scores between Friends and the whole world.

Danger Zone will be available for digital download on the PlayStation 4 and for PC via the Steam Store.

Danger_Zone_Screenshot_02.jpg

Danger_Zone_Screenshot_03.jpg

Danger_Zone_Screenshot_05.jpg

Source

More information from Eurogamer.net:

Three Fields Entertainment, the studio founded by the creators of Burnout, is making a Crash Mode spiritual successor called Danger Zone - and it's out in May priced £9.99.

Danger Zone, due out on PC and PlayStation 4, is from Criterion founders Fiona Sperry and Alex Ward, who left the EA-owned studio back in 2014 to go it alone.

Since then they've released Dangerous Golf and HTC Vive and PlayStation VR title Lethal VR. But throughout it all, Burnout fans have called on Three Fields to make a racing game. Danger Zone isn't a fully-fledged racing game, but it does rekindle memories of the much-loved Burnout and its fantastic 3D car crash puzzle mini-game.

I was hoping for the aforementioned fully-fledged racing game but there's only so much the devs can do with their limited resources.

Dangerous Golf was mindless fun and I enjoyed it a lot so I'll definitely buy Danger Zone, too. Hopefully they'll add some kind of 2-player mode. Would love to play this with my girlfriend. We had a lot of fun with Dangerous Golf :D

Edited by drahkon

Yes, plz. VR too, plz.

Is there a trailer for this?

Yeah it's crashing into that police car in the first picture.

Is there a trailer for this?

Not yet.

[tweet]857245718997848064[/tweet]

More information should be coming in the next weeks. :)

@Daft, here's a trailer/teaser.

Danger Zone, coming to PlayStation®4 and PC (via Steam) May 30, 2017 priced at $12.99/£9.99/€12.99

Not sure how keen I am in it all taking place in...what might as well be an underground car park.

Yeah, a little disappointing that apparently every level basically looks like this. Car damage models aren't looking good, either.

However, we have to keep in mind that this is a very small studio and they made this game in only a couple of months. I'll support them. Really hope they get a little more publicity.

Sony should help 'em out for a true Burnout successor.

Danger Zone doesn't have a Platinum...

Well, from what I've read it's a little light on content so I won't pay full price. I thought it would've been similar to Dangerous Golf.

Not really bummed out, though, because I'll spend the money on Nex Machina.

Sign in to follow this