N-Europe

Shareholder Q&A In English

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a better avenue to explore than dual-screen gaming and will very much have a future in gaming too. I'd rather Nintendo be pioneers in it than having to play catch-up in years to come. That's my point.

Tbh I'm not sure I'd trust Nintendo(especially with your quoted expressed views of Miyamoto) to support VR well at all, given how poor a job I feel they did in supporting their own promised asymmetrical gaming experiences on a console they built themselves from the ground up. Still not feeling like much beyond Nintendoland really did as much as was promised for the system(and poss ZombiU, but that wasn't for me at the time).

Also agree that one must lead from the front. Otherwise maybe I'll just get into the CD-R market, they're this great new thing where you can write to CDs yourselves(previously not an option!!) and can typically hold up to 700MB and have sold really well so far!! Definite winner.

EDIT: Finished reading the whole thing. Don't normally read this - are they usually so...grilling? I'm sure I've seen one or two before but not felt them to be nailing some of the issues so well. Are the responses also usually so weak? Lots of 'thinking about' 'considering' etcetc. Only a couple hard/solid answers - one of which was actually probably Miyamoto in response to the video aspect(though the question was let down by it being framed in a 'movie' context anyhow). Also can't help but notice it all seems to focus ongoing-ly on Nintendo self-supporting mostly, with yet again no ideas or plans of third party - especially when considering how to generate more cost-effective income etc.

Edited by Rummy

I think it's a better avenue to explore than dual-screen gaming and will very much have a future in gaming too. I'd rather Nintendo be pioneers in it than having to play catch-up in years to come. That's my point.

Tbh I'm not sure I'd trust Nintendo(especially with your quoted expressed views of Miyamoto) to support VR well at all, given how poor a job I feel they did in supporting their own promised asymmetrical gaming experiences on a console they built themselves from the ground up. Still not feeling like much beyond Nintendoland really did as much as was promised for the system(and poss ZombiU, but that wasn't for me at the time).

Also agree that one must lead from the front. Otherwise maybe I'll just get into the CD-R market, they're this great new thing where you can write to CDs yourselves(previously not an option!!) and can typically hold up to 700MB and have sold really well so far!! Definite winner.

EDIT: Finished reading the whole thing. Don't normally read this - are they usually so...grilling? I'm sure I've seen one or two before but not felt them to be nailing some of the issues so well. Are the responses also usually so weak? Lots of 'thinking about' 'considering' etcetc. Only a couple hard/solid answers - one of which was actually probably Miyamoto in response to the video aspect(though the question was let down by it being framed in a 'movie' context anyhow). Also can't help but notice it all seems to focus ongoing-ly on Nintendo self-supporting mostly, with yet again no ideas or plans of third party - especially when considering how to generate more cost-effective income etc.

Edited by Rummy