NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Social Engagement for Video Games - Dec 2015

Something a bit different from sales figures - social media engagement.

The full report can be found on Shareablee.

Top Video Game Companies

yrj4l1HhGThLR5dTWldvzlPPwDcokv6_j5aDc2R33w1BCMy56tip70bCKrwAMfLbiFjxnZv8N4FuIW988MDsmOKTcBS3yZlmE3Bk_-ACPw5Kk8jSwuqGyOr88ZD5tBs7ICMeXMT3

Top Video Games

RiARRA8unrXHeXXAjaGxoDBghGFl1HF61PNYrJoXvaiE5mE1GXAaByn1V_lL0JEISPZtPDG4f7ERXsuKVj4j7O9MyRAKVMmQvOjw_5y8yb11Db3rbR5FiNAZh9LW9yjfIg2VdAao

I found it interesting that Nintendo was the second most engaged company, however none of their games are in the top 10 shared video games (and it's impressive they got into the company one considering they don't actually engage on social media). Even Sonic is on the games!

Seems a bit odd, you'd have thought Mario Maker would make it into the top games, the numbers for last few in that list are pretty low, so it's a surprise to me that Mario Maker didn't break 300k.

Seems a bit odd, you'd have thought Mario Maker would make it into the top games, the numbers for last few in that list are pretty low, so it's a surprise to me that Mario Maker didn't break 300k.

I think that second chart with each game is where they have their own social media accounts. It isn't totalling fan mentions of these series, it's measuring the posts made by these pages and their reach/engagement with fans.

Mario Maker itself doesn't have its own Facebook/Twitter page - I don't think many Nintendo properties do other than Mario, Zelda and Pokémon, and if they do, they haven't done enough with them to register on that chart.

Ah yeah that might make sense Paul. Didn't read into the methodology too much myself and explains the Sonic thing (which has a weird but amusing Twitter account).

Sign in to follow this