NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

Quentin Tarantino Presents.....Hostel

Anyone read about this film or anyone actually seen it ?? It's not out in the UK till the 21 April and looks absolutely fantastic with lots of gore sickness.

Tarantino says it's the most gruesome film he has ever worked on.

Hostel is about a group of people caught in a place where people are allowed to torture for money, a story that is supposedly based on a real incident. Eli Roth directed this film, with Tarantino (a buddy of his) having helped to get the film off the ground and "presenting it".

The story concerns three backpackers who on a European trip check into a Slovakian youth hostel. However they find that rather than a holiday haven for ping pong playing students it's a blood-splattered torture dungeon where the wealthy pay to watch guests have holes drilled in their knee caps and their Achilles tendons severed. One scene called the eyegasm features a blowtorch and half a women's face.

Unsuprisingly some viewers have found it a bit too much. Tarantino says "You might end up in hospital. No joke. We've had people pass at at screenings and had to call in paramedics."

http://www.hostelfilm.com

I don't get the ho-hah about Tarantino, especially lately. He seems to be trying to be gory/gross out for the sake of being gory/gross out. Its like the movie versions of GTA. Don't get me wrong, Kill Bill was alright but as I said, bit overhyped.

It's not really his film....its his mates Eli Roth's. Tarantino is just helping out and also giving it some attraction by adding the whole "Quentin Tarantino Presents" to the title.

I personally really like Tarantino's other films tho.

i wasnt too moved by the commercial though some people live for these kind of flicks. Caked-on gore doesnt make a movie scary though. Ill take subtle horror like blair witch project or exorcist over this any day.

off topic, has anyone seen the trailer for 'When a Stranger Calls'

it seems they give the whole plot away in the trailer, saving me 8 bucks in the process.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop;_ylt=AvMx03F0OAJeY2_XWNWI7dNfVXcA?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808756288&intl=us

His earlier films by far out way his latter ones. Hero (although he only brought it here) wasn't all that. Kill Bill Volume 2, didn't touch Volume 1 to be honest.

Pulp Fiction, Resovoir (sp?!) dogs and Jackie Brown are probably his best movies.

My gf's seen it and going on her review I'm not in any hurry.

If you're a teenaged boy you may well love it though.

It's not really his film....its his mates Eli Roth's. Tarantino is just helping out and also giving it some attraction by adding the whole "Quentin Tarantino Presents" to the title.

I personally really like Tarantino's other films tho.

Well that makes it worse, they're now using his name to sell. I know it happens all the time but it seems very arrogant.

If you're a teenaged boy you may well love it though.

unfortunately I'm not a teenaged boy but im sure i will still love it.

The 'Tarrantino presents' thing pisses me off. Hero? I mean...really, he had nothing to do with that. least he knows this guy, but it's still a bit much imo. he just isnt *that* good. hell, as far as im concerned his entire career as been a downhill one. he still can't touch dogs for quality.

His earlier films by far out way his latter ones. Hero (although he only brought it here) wasn't all that. Kill Bill Volume 2, didn't touch Volume 1 to be honest.

Pulp Fiction, Resovoir (sp?!) dogs and Jackie Brown are probably his best movies.

There his only other movies

They already started showing it in iceland, propaly because theres an icelandic guy playing in it. (note that he is playing an icelandic person :heh: )

Haven´t seen it yet but i hear it´s half of the movie is like eurotrip and the rest of the movie is like SAW

That's not true, his actual work is as follows:

Director & screenplay

# My Best Friend's Birthday (1987)

# Reservoir Dogs (1992)

# Pulp Fiction (1994)

# ER (1995) Season 1; Episode 24: "Motherhood" (Director)

# Four Rooms (segment "The Man from Hollywood") (1995)

# Jackie Brown (1997)

# Kill Bill (Vol. 1 2003, Vol. 2 2004)

# Sin City (2005) (Special Guest Director)

# CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2005) "Grave Danger: Vols. I & II" (Guest Writer and Director)

Screenplay

* True Romance (1993)

* Natural Born Killers (1994) (Story credit)

* Crimson Tide (1995) (uncredited rewrites)

* From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)

The most Tarantino did for this film was raise the money for it by allowing his name to be attached to it.

Eli Roth previously directed Cabin Fever which was a very gory but average horror film.

I might rent it for the gore but im not expecting a decent film.

very good but average? im sure that actually means nothing. seriously.

He said "very gory but average"

Sign in to follow this