NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pestneb

Transferring a secondary NNID from one wii U to another...

I've looked online for info on this and found a lot of outdated, opinionated and vague stuff.

I've got my nephews NNID linked onto my Wii U so he can play mk8 online... he's now getting his own Wii U and I want to transfer just his NNID over to his Wii U.

Does anybody have any ideas how I'd go about doing that without me donating all my games and my own NNID?

I know it's less than intuitive, but ideally would like to get the swap done properly rather than the bodge job suggestions I've found online..

Phone Nintendo support.

You will most likely need to unlink (not delete) the NNID from your console then Nintendo support will either remove the console lock which will allow you to login with that NNID on the new console or they will link the new console to the NNID.

You can't do a system transfer to transfer 1 account or anything like that.

Would 100% call Nintendo, they should be able to help you with this. Good luck!

AFAIK there's no way to transfer just the one NNID from one Wii U to another without calling Nintendo. With the System Transfer option you have to transfer absolutely everything from all NNIDs that are on your system.

I've heard of people getting single NNID accounts moved after calling Nintendo though.

Got to send a fair bit of info. Not a huge problem, but:

Please note that if your previous/current 2DS/3DS has a pre-installed title and we disassociate your NNID, that title will not move with your NNID and will stay on the console.

For Wii U, if you have any purchases on Wii Mode these will not transfer over.

Additionally, by completing and returning this information you are aware your save data will also be lost.

The last bit confuses me a little bit.

The Wii U is a christmas present... so I can imagine a few tears when he finds he can't use his NNID on my Wii U :D Should probably wait until things get a bit closer to Christmas

Cool. Glad to hear that things worked out nicely.

As for that bit you were confused about...

Additionally, by completing and returning this information you are aware your save data will also be lost.

What they're saying is that any save data you currently have on the NNID that you're transferring will not be usable on the new Wii U. There's no way to move save data over from one Wii U to another without doing a full system transfer and since the NNID that the save files are associated with is being deleted from the source Wii U system, the save files will too be deleted.

So he's gonna have to start over on Mario Kart 8 (and any other games he's played) on his own Wii U.

That's annoying.. I was almost hoping it would be possible for the profile to just be unlinked and the save files still be accessible on my Wii U at least.

He's got a few mariomaker levels too, they'll still be server side though, right?

That's annoying.. I was almost hoping it would be possible for the profile to just be unlinked and the save files still be accessible on my Wii U at least.

He's got a few mariomaker levels too, they'll still be server side though, right?

Yeah, the MM levels will be stored on the server if he's uploaded them, so he should be able to just re-download them.

Sign in to follow this