NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Yakuza 6 (PS4)

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Oh Haruka, what have you gotten yourself into :(

I swear she's the cause of most of Kiryu's problems.

kiryu-slapping.gif

• Haha 1

I fucking love these games.

You go from a serious group conversation to a fucking hype battle for Haruto and then the little kid is being thrown around like a football :laughing:

And he loves it :D

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

kiryu-slapping.gif

She sure is :D

Edited by drahkon

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

You go from a serious group conversation to a fucking hype battle for Haruto and then the little kid is being thrown around like a football :laughing:

Was waiting for you to reach that scene. Its both epic and hilarious at the same time. Loved it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Was waiting for you to reach that scene. Its both epic and hilarious at the same time. Loved it.

Yup, a roller coaster of emotions. Me:

1. "OOOOHHHHH, WHAT A GREAT REVEAL!"
  2. "It's finally coming together"
  3. "Hm...still...a lot of unanswered questions.
  4. "Saio Triad can go fuck itself"
  5. "Who are these people?"
  6. "THIS IS FOR HARUTO!"
  7. "YES, FUCK ALL YA'LL!"
  8. "AAAAAAND HE'S FLYING" :laughing:

And then this mo'fo shows up:

Spoiler

Joon-gi Han...sleezy son of a bitch.

But his theme is awesome.

I'll quote myself:

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

How dare you suggest this, H-o-T. For shame! 

haruka-sawamura.gif

• Haha 3

Depending on how long the final 3 chapters take, I might finish this today.

Can't wait to see how it ends.
The huge secret of Hiroshima/Onomichi has yet to be revealed.

By the way: Did I mention how freaking awesome the song Theory of Beauty is? :p

• Like 1

The moment Kiryu saw Haruka awake...

:cry:

Ohhhh, and Akiyama sticking with Kiryu

Looks like this is the finale!

Edited by drahkon
  • Sad 1

Spoiler

Kiyo-chan

And some of the most powerful words spoken in the series:

Spoiler

storage-emulated-0-Android-data-com-miui

1700161062808.png

Edited by drahkon

38 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Have you finished it now?

I have.

One of the best final chapters I have ever played. :bowdown:

Spoiler

Even though I knew that Kiryu is alive and well, I was still crying manly tears :(
That was such a well crafted cutscene. Threw me right into a valley of emotions.

Oh and...

Spoiler

KIYO-CHAN :cry::hug:

I hate that Iwami isn't dead, though. For once, I wish that writers go that one step further and make a character like Kiryu cross the line. Especially when, in that moment, it would've been 100% justified.
But that's just me. The ending was fine :p Especially since later Kiryu basically told that politician to go fuck himself.

He is a great man. Sacrificing everything to keep the people close to him safe :(

I am so happy that I gave this series a chance. It now shares Metal Gear Solid's spot as my favourite video game series.

Yakuza games are epic, funny, tragic, ridiculous and a whole lot of fun! They are not without flaws, but these are (most of the time) relatively small in comparison to the whole package.

Edit: The song in the final credits...goosebumps :D

I love these games! :bowdown:

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 3

Yeah, the ending is a real tear inducing experience.

Spoiler

Him writing the letter just breaks my heart.

Did you like it when Kiryu finally starts fighting back after standing there and taking a beating? Loved it when he was finally able to unleash.

Yup, some of the best narratives videogames have to offer, with a great cast of characters. 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:
  Spoilers (Hide contents)

Him writing the letter just breaks my heart.

Did you like it when Kiryu finally starts fighting back after standing there and taking a beating? Loved it when he was finally able to unleash.

Did I like it? I was filled with rage and giddy with excitement at the same time :D My grip on the DualSense was getting tighter every second.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

My grip on the DualSense was getting tighter every second.

nani-yakuza.gif

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, drahkon said:

I am so happy that I gave this series a chance. It now shares Metal Gear Solid's spot as my favourite video game series.

Yakuza games are epic, funny, tragic, ridiculous and a whole lot of fun! They are not without flaws, but these are (most of the time) relatively small in comparison to the whole package.

That’s awesome. :)

I love seeing how the Yakuza series has been steadily gaining fans, not just here at N-E but in general. :cool: Long may it continue!

It’s mad to think that since I first started playing this series back in 2015 (with Yakuza 4 on PS3) I’ve now played through all 8 of the mainline games, 13 games in total if you include the spin-offs, and that’s without even including the two Judgment titles! :o 
Still not sure when I’m going to be able to squeeze those in. :hehe:

But yeah, it’s a phenomenal franchise that has produced many games in a relatively short period of time, without dipping in quality. Sure, there is a lot of asset recycling going on between the various titles, but even so, the rate at which RGG Studio has been releasing these, and the ongoing quality and entertainment value of them is simply amazing! :bowdown:

And you know what else, it’s just so nice to also have a series that gives zero fucks about political correctness or conforming to certain social ideologies.
The devs behind the Yakuza/Like a Dragon franchise know their target audience (very well indeed ;)) and are not afraid to cater specifically to them, regardless of what that means for sales or public perception.
You’ve gotta love that kind of integrity, and especially at a time where seemingly everything else is primarily concerned with… not being offensive, having enough diversity, virtue signalling etc., often at the expense of entertainment.

Anyway, I’ve rambled on enough. :heh: Can’t wait to get back to playing Gaiden tonight (I’ve actually started making progress on the main story again! :D) and I’m also looking forward to you lot starting that game.
You’re gonna love it… trust me. ;) 

:peace:

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This moment though...

Spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

yakuza6-yakuza-walk.gif

Love it. You just know its all about to kick off.

Spoiler

Look at how much of a badass Akiyama is being in that scene, with a hand in his pocket! :heh:
I can just picture Hana-chan showing up to shout at him. :laughing: I really love those two, such great characters. :D

Spoiler

Was a bit disappointed by how little screen-time they get in Ishin, well, especially Hana, who is also in her skinny form :shakehead (although that makes sense for 1800s Japan :hehe:) and that always creeps me out. :heh: 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this