NEurope
Mundi

Revolution win biggest surprise of the year by IGN

well i wouldnt put that up as number 1. to me the biggest surprise was the X360 power pack. it is HUGE!!!!!!

I've lost ALL my respect for IGN when I saw that they had chosed God of War over Resident Evil 4 as the game of the year. Thats just complete BS lol, God of War doesnt even come near to RE4... lol @ IGN.

I've lost ALL my respect for IGN when I saw that they had chosed God of War over Resident Evil 4 as the game of the year. Thats just complete BS lol, God of War doesnt even come near to RE4... lol @ IGN.

Well said there Rune, the editors of the Xbox and Playstation parts of IGN are massive fanboys to the extent that they disregard Nintendo totaly and anything associated with them... so even though Resi 4 came out on the PS2 they still wouldnt have said it was game of the year because it came out on the cube first.

Just to prove my point take a look here ... http://bestof.ign.com/2005/overall/13.html

Resi 4 won best graphics technology but it fails to even mention the cube even once... and it would have killed them to say that the PS2 version is inferior (graphics wise) compared with the cube version.

not having played god of war i can't really judge but it did look pretty amazing from the video review.. but nowhere near as artful and atmospheric as resi 4 or as groundbreaking in it's own specific genre..

i've got god of war and truss me, no way near as good as resi 4, it's like a hack 'n' slash game, pressing random buttons lol

Well said there Rune, the editors of the Xbox and Playstation parts of IGN are massive fanboys to the extent that they disregard Nintendo totaly and anything associated with them... so even though Resi 4 came out on the PS2 they still wouldnt have said it was game of the year because it came out on the cube first.

Just to prove my point take a look here ... http://bestof.ign.com/2005/overall/13.html

Resi 4 won best graphics technology but it fails to even mention the cube even once... and it would have killed them to say that the PS2 version is inferior (graphics wise) compared with the cube version.

Couldn´t have said it better myself.

omg, just read what they write about RE4 as a runner up for GOTY:

Though God of War took this award without that much of a challenge, it's impossible to deny the merits of Resident Evil 4 as a Best Overall Game candidate. While it didn't really endanger God of War's chances to win, it did pull in a commendable amount of votes.

pfff... I mean, just look at gamefaqs poll for GOTY:

God of War 21.91% 15659

Mario Kart DS 22.6% 16153

Resident Evil 4 55.48% 39648

I believe, the numbers have spoken.

And to think that that entire network started as IGN64.com...

Wouldn't have thought it.

And to think that that entire network started as IGN64.com...

Wouldn't have thought it.

It's not all bad... they put Mario Kart DS above Gran Turismo 4