NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Cross Console Promotions have begun

And my pencil is better than yours.

Seriously?! That's your argument?! Nintendo are well versed in trickle feeding stuff to us; it is just as likely that Nintendo are holding back.

Isn't GBA more superior tech to SNES? GBA games appear on 3DS, could that mean SNES games could run? Maybe? Could you be wrong? Who knows.

It's complicated.

GBA games run on the 3DS, with severe glitches, through trickery that uses both processors, prevents all 3DS functions, and runs in DS mode. They aren't emulated but it is done as if it is a GBA game being played on the DS, but not perfectly. That's why GBA games aren't on the eShop.

Due to differing architectures, just having more raw power does not mean it should work fine. It's why PS2 games don't work on a PS3, PS3 games on a PS4 etc. It's like trying to put a square peg into a round hole, which is why emulation exists. That way, they adapt it with an emulator to trick it into running, but it's hard to get perfect.

The 3DS can almost certainly run SNES games, the question is if it can run it accurately, without any framerate issues etc. and the answer to that, is no.

@Serebii, I think you have a broken 3DS. Apart from no 3DS functions (which isn't much of a problem), the GBA games run fine.

@Serebii, I think you have a broken 3DS. Apart from no 3DS functions (which isn't much of a problem), the GBA games run fine.

Horrific sound issues, horrific blurring when the screen is scrolling. Happens on all three of my 3DSs, it isn't exclusive to one.

Are you saying Nintendo released buggy software? ;)

I was running GBA games perfectly with an EZ flash back on the original DS. Heck, Supercard runs SNES fine too.

If the 3DS really can't cope with this simple level of emulation without the boon of a flashcard's extra grunt then they fucked up royally when designing the 3DS.

Eventually you've got to look past the false rationalisations and come to the conclusion that GBA games aren't all out because they don't want them to be.

To clarify, do we now have the same system that we have on apple devices? So everything is synched to an account? I.e. if my Wii U breaks/gets stolen, will I be able to download everything back for free on my next Wii U?

if it gets stolen or lost you need to go the police and get a crime number etc. I was told that even after I done that and show proof of purchase etc etc that Nintendo still cannot guarantee I would get my 3DS games back.

All my purchased games are tied to club nintendo account but ninty cannot guarantee I would get my software back.

archaic and pathetic response!!

Sign in to follow this