N-Europe

International quiz - help needed

MoogleViper

OK, my team at work is based all around Europe. I've never met most of them in person, however there's going to be a team meeting in Oxford next month. As we're the hosts, those of us based in Oxford have been tasked with a presentation about working across borders. Specifically, I have been tasked with creating a quiz about our countries (to last about 10 minutes).

We have a "country navigator" tool, which has profiles on all of the different countries, summaries of the nation's personalities, economic profiles etc. I've been told I should use this to help, but also that I can use any resource. I'm struggling to think of some questions to ask. So far all I've got is picking statements from the profiles and asking them to match the statement with the country. I need a few more questions, but I'm stuck.

So I ask you, the good people of N-Europe, what sort of questions can I ask? Fun and creative suggestions welcome, nay, encourage (though keep it work friendly, of course).

The countries we have in our team are:

• UK
  • France
  • Belgium
  • Poland
  • Russia
  • Cyprus
  • Italy
  • Spain (the guy is actually English, but currently living/working in Madrid; so this country isn't essential)

Much appreciation will be given for any help and ideas. And potentially sexual favours.

Edited by MoogleViper

What I would do is find 1 fun piece of fun trivia for each country and then ask the participants to name that country.

Examples I found doing Google Searches:

"This country has the highest density of roads and railway in the world." Answer: Belgium.

"This country is home of the oldest named brand of wine still in production." Answer: Cyprus (Commandaria wine)

Is this the kind of thing you're after?

You've got 8 countries there, so you can do 8 questions. After marking and answers that should easily fill 10 minutes.

And to be pedantic, England should be UK.

What I would do is find 1 fun piece of fun trivia for each country and then ask the participants to name that country.

Examples I found doing Google Searches:

"This country has the highest density of roads and railway in the world." Answer: Belgium.

"This country is home of the oldest named brand of wine still in production." Answer: Cyprus (Commandaria wine)

Is this the kind of thing you're after?

That's brilliant, I'll use that. Thanks.

(I have used UK. Not sure why I put "England" in my post.)