NEurope
Grazza

The Clegg/Farage Debates

Anyone going to watch the two debates between Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage? The first is scheduled for tonight, the coverage of which being on 6-9pm on Sky News.

Apparently the second is on next Wednesday on BBC2. Nigel Farage is always good to listen to, and it'll be interesting to see what arguments either can come up with for/against the EU.

Ah, forgot about this. I phoned home and asked for this to be recorded. Hopefully I'll watch it later.

Thanks for the reminder.

Well, technically it's because the European elections are happening soon, but it's also because there may be an In/Out referendum on the EU after the next General election.

Summary of the 2nd one here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2596470/Tories-Labour-scared-taking-says-Farage-Miliband-calls-UKIP-leader-banned-leaders-debates.html

Ah ok I figured it was something to do with the In/Out...I'm so disconnected from politics these days!

The thing that i find absolutely amasing out of this, is most people see UKIP as a joke party with only 1 main policy, and despite it being relatively popular nobody sees them getting into power

and then there is Clegg, the most liberal douche in existence, constantly licking the arsehole of europe and bending over backwards to have the most liberal policies, the leader of the lib dems, 1 "half" of our government, a spineless fool who helps run the country, a man who's reason retorts seems to be repetition of school yard like insults against his opposition

and yet Farage ran rings round him, sure some of farage's views aren't popular, but he's unashamed of that and sticks to his beliefs, and it shows up career politicians like Clegg who never answer a question, flip flop and constantly change their views to please all people.....its scary that the weak willed untrustworthest is in power in our government, and the one with virtually no manifesto is the better candidate

When I was younger I used to hear people saying that politicians were all the same which I disagreed with but in now it seems they were largely right.

There's two politicians who are good orators in the UK right now - George Galloway and Nigel Farage. I probably won't vote for either of them but they are interesting people.

I watched both debates and regardless of who did better it did provide a boost for both LD and UKIP. I'm going to vote next month in the European elections but like most of the UK (without going on the net) have no idea who my current MEP is.