NEurope
Daft

Sandman

Sandman Movie Coming Together – Joseph Gordon-Levitt Making Deal To Star And Direct‏ (UPDATE: JGL Confirms, Mentions “Prelude”, Working With Gaiman)

Even still, this is still quite surprising. According to Deadline, Gordon-Levitt is making a deal with Warner Bros. that will see him not only starring as Dream in a Sandman movie but also directing the picture.

As we told you before, the film is being built from a pitch by David Goyer but the production is looking to hire another writer to actually pen the script.

Could that be Neil Gaiman himself? We can but… er… dream.

OMG. All of this. Yes.

[tweet]412761968022282240[/tweet]

Edited by Ashley

I need more Gaiman in my life. Only read Good Omens (w/ Pratchett) and attempted American Gods like 4 times, but each time something massive comes up and I have to put the book down. I've always heard nothing but praise for Sandman! Worth putting on my birthday list? (if so, what exactly am I putting on there?)

I keep meaning to read Sandman. The number of times I've put the Absolute Sandman volumes in my basket on Amazon and ended up not buying them is ridiculous. Think I'll pick them up in the new year as, like I've alluded to, I've been itching to read them for some time now. Sure I saw the 4 Absolute volumes for a ridiculously low price at one point in Forbidden Planet post Christmas one year (as in I'm sure each was roughly £20) so maybe I'll hit that up.

Anyway, yeah this is interesting news. I only know bits and pieces about the books but even from the little I know, I can understand why some people are a bit worried about the prospect of a film. But some have ignored/missed the 'Prelude' hashtag at the end of JGL's twitter message which has me somewhat optimistic that they'll do it properly as a series of films based on the volumes rather than cram it into a few films or, god forbid, attempt to cram it all into one film.

Although, if Gaiman is up for pushing forward with it, then he must be happy with what has been proposed so far.