NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

Humble Store

Massive Games, Massive Daily Discounts

Be the first to pick up great games at great prices in our Humble Store Debut Sale!

Don’t Starve, Prison Architect, Rogue Legacy, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Natural Selection II, The Swapper, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Orcs Must Die! 2 and Gunpoint are available at 50-75% off for the next 24 hours. Look for new games and deals every day during The Humble Store Debut Sale!

The Humble Store is a permanent place to buy great games at great prices 24/7 and support charity with every purchase.

Humble customers have contributed more than $28 million to charity!

We’ll still be offering our usual pay-what-you-want Humble Bundles and Weekly Sales, but the Humble Store is also here for you every day.

Love,

Humble Bundle

Not sure how I feel about this. I always thought that the Humble Bundle was a great idea. But recently I've been feeling like Humble aren't that great a company themselves. And now they move into their own gaming store. I half feel like they'll just use the bundles to attract people to their store. Therefore the bundles will become worse quality. Why sell a game as pay-what-you-want when you can sell it for $19.99?

Thoughts?

Yeah I do have concerns about the quality of the bundles. I certainly think this will see the Weekly Bundles slowly phased out o become even worse (sometimes they are horrendous) Also I think it likely means a lot of games you hoped would hit the bundles now won't...I wonder if we will see more tie ins with big publishers for the main bundle. Especially now we have the next gen arriving so we there are a lot of "last gen" PC games that could be bundled up as they are unlikely to sell so much.

I guess it was a model that'd only last so long - can't fault them trying to become a more fixed price retailer/distro with occasional sales etc. Tbh I don't know what effect it'll have on the bundle quality, I tend to notice that more recently games keep coming round in them(so previous games come up again etc). I haven't really been as fussed by the last few humble bundles anyway.

For those who like PWYW deals tho, I tend to keep watch on IndieGameStand - new title every 96 hours. Think they started out with just the main deal only, but I think they've also now got their own little fixed price store like humblebundle - I don't see much wrong with it really.

I guess it was a model that'd only last so long - can't fault them trying to become a more fixed price retailer/distro with occasional sales etc. Tbh I don't know what effect it'll have on the bundle quality, I tend to notice that more recently games keep coming round in them(so previous games come up again etc). I haven't really been as fussed by the last few humble bundles anyway.

For those who like PWYW deals tho, I tend to keep watch on IndieGameStand - new title every 96 hours. Think they started out with just the main deal only, but I think they've also now got their own little fixed price store like humblebundle - I don't see much wrong with it really.

Wow I wish I had known about IndieGameStand before I started my Year of Shame! Thanks though!

Wow I wish I had known about IndieGameStand before I started my Year of Shame! Thanks though!

Tbh I've picked up a ton of games off there and never played them. I don't pay much(intending to try, and then donate later if it's for me) but it's something they wouldn't have got anyway. There's been some cracking past deals on there though - missed out on a few and felt gutted about it!

I haven't really been as fussed by the last few humble bundles anyway..

Yeah they seem to have gone downhill recently.

I've used IGS for quite a few purchases, although most of the games on there are tripe.

Yeah they seem to have gone downhill recently.

I've used IGS for quite a few purchases, although most of the games on there are tripe.

True, but I feel like I'm supporting devs a little bit at least - for them they're getting something they possibly/probably wouldn't get otherwise. I've also found a few pretty enjoyable ones on there. I end up not playing them if they're not Steam(no idea why, just lack of organisation really) but then it's also nice when stuff gets greenlit and released on there etc.

I been half keeping a watch, doesn't seem too bad so far tbh. Nothing really interested me until now, but just picked up Reus for a few quid. So far wouldn't say they seem to be taking too crazy a liberty, deals all look to be fairly decent I guess.

Sign in to follow this