N-Europe

Wow... Maybe I am growing up?

Murr

Thank god I'm bipolar. I get to be a reserved adult half the time and a street dweller the other half. ^^

Edit: Clubs are a fucking disgrace, though. Never. Fuck that shit. Hard. In the ass.

I'm all about staying out 'til 7-8am drinking some beers and just hanging around town and fucking around with my buddies. That's what it's all about, for me.

Clubs and Discos are just shit though. Not the concept itself, but the fact that these days it's always the lamest possible crap playing on the speakers, and the people in them are always such scum, lol. =/

Edited by Oxigen_Waste

Straight clubs are the worst because I feel like most of them actually miss the point of clubbing and the type of environment a night out where people can be themselves/anyone they want, dance, drink if you wish, just let your hair down etc etc.

Gay clubs *get* it more. Not always. Of course. And of course not all *straight* clubs are shit. But most.

Let me dance. Let me run around dressed how I want. Isn't that the point? Not to be breeding ground for violence/lairy-ness.

I still feel incredible urges to go out dancing to clubs. But now I'm more discerning about *where*.

I agree. Gay clubs are alot better. Night and day difference, really. Man... I wish I was bi. =/

And yeah, the whole letting go and dancing thing is awesome. Like I said, I'm not opposed to the concept, just it's current interpretation. If the music and ambience is right, I fucking love clubbing. Sadly, in my country that's a rare experience.

I've had so many of my favourites *moments* in clubs. I (effectively) met my boyfriend in the little local gay club near uni, to name a big one! That small club (it keeps opening and closing due to shit location lollll) was rarely busy except for special occasions so it was more like a gay local that was more bar/club than pub. It was great <3

Memorable club time also was when I first heard I Could Be The One by Avicii, yes, I enjoy the song but it's not revelatory blah blah, but it was a weird night and I was really off for some reason, not even feeling like drinking. So unlike me, almost sad but didn't know why. Then that song came on just as I got into it and the lights to STROBE. I was done. I was gone. Such a good experience. It was undiluted...I dunno, what you're MEANT to go to clubs for? <3 <3

In the right club situation (and when it's even slightly wrong I KNOW it) I feel free. :) I've danced to Vogue, feeling amazing and probably looking awful by myself on a podium in a packed gay club, dripping in sweat. I DON'T CARE I LOVE IT

Gay clubs in general are better, but that's not to say that all clubs are shit. The clubs in Brighton are great because of the liberal population. Sure, you get shit such as Oceania (where you can't even take your drinks on to the dance floor, wassupwivdattt?) and a few other R 'n' B trash. But, you've also got quite a few indie or rock type clubs there.

My favourite clubbing experience ever was going to a rock club there (think it was called the steam rooms, I might be wrong) and they were playing Dragonforce and EARLY Muse stuff. Atmosphere there was great, no fights, no shit, no general unpleasantness. Everyone was having a good time, it was quite surreal really.

Gay clubs in general are better, but that's not to say that all clubs are shit. The clubs in Brighton are great because of the liberal population. Sure, you get shit such as Oceania (where you can't even take your drinks on to the dance floor, wassupwivdattt?) and a few other R 'n' B trash. But, you've also got quite a few indie or rock type clubs there.

My favourite clubbing experience ever was going to a rock club there (think it was called the steam rooms, I might be wrong) and they were playing Dragonforce and EARLY Muse stuff. Atmosphere there was great, no fights, no shit, no general unpleasantness. Everyone was having a good time, it was quite surreal really.

But those are a dying breed, sadly. I'll be moving to London or Toronto in ~6 months so I guess I'll finally get to have some good clubs where I live. I assume the London club scene is varied enough to satisfy anyone, correct?

But those are a dying breed, sadly. I'll be moving to London or Toronto in ~6 months so I guess I'll finally get to have some good clubs where I live. I assume the London club scene is varied enough to satisfy anyone, correct?

They are, unfortunately. It is so difficult to find a good rock club or even something just a bit different. Everywhere seems to either do "cheesy" music that caters towards girls in groups who want "cheeeeeeese" or shitty dubstepr'n'bblackeyedpeas crap.

You should be alright in London, it's got everything. Basically, if you can't find it there, you won't really find it anywhere else in the UK. :heh: