NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
khilafah

Winning Eleven 2014 coming to 3DS

Still can't believe there isn't going to be a football game released this year. Utterly mental... Still secretly hoping EA or/and Konami announce it late. Even the same game as last year with new kits and squads would make me happy.... Yes. I know. I'm part of the problem...

I feel like it has been such a long time since I felt excited for a football game with PES 2008 on Wii being the last time I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. It was surpassed in later installments, PES 2011 probably being my favourite, but it was the optimism fueled by the desire for a new way to play that meant the original piqued my interest.

I would love Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 to come to Wii U but even then I'm not sure it would reignite my passion and joy of playing things like PES 6 and ISS 98 with friends..

I'd consider the 3DS version this year but I almost feel that, despite the online aspects, it would feel like a single player experience when, in reality, I see football games as something to bring friends together, something everyone can play and enjoy, revelling in the joy that good, friendly competition can bring and celebrating the underdogs coming out on top against your rivals :hehe:

This was one of the main reasons PES on Wii didn't become the 'go to' football game when playing with friends as there was a significant barrier regarding the controls that, unfortunately, not everyone appreciated :hmm:

For a football game to excite me again, it's probably gonna have to do something different. We've been playing football games in a traditional way the same for a couple of decades now, holding R to sprint and such, but is this definitively the best way to play or is there scope to innovate? With analogue sticks, does there need to be a run button..? Does passing have to be on A..? What about using buttons like L and R to actively choose which foot you strike the ball with? Using the right analogue stick to select which part of the ball your player strikes? Things like that could even negate the need to distinguish between passing and shooting buttons and provide an entirely new sense of freedom in the way you play..

I just need something different!

Edited by nekunando

I just love football and enjoying playing football games. Playing spurs' next match, online, playing with friends. I loved Pro Evo Wii too, but like you say, couldn't play with others because of the controls. I'd love reinventions, but actually I don't match just buying fifa every year (though would prefer every two years and pay for a squad/kit update)

PES 2013 on the PS3 is our go to game between me and my mates. With all the updates and the option files it's (in Harry's terms) t'riific. Trouble is most gamers play the demo's and leave it at that. PES13 is my fav footy game since PES6. Easily.

Glad this is coming to the 3DS at least. PES gets serious game time on my 3DS. Full modes too :D

Maybe the Animal Crossing boom has seen the 3DS come back on to Konami's radar? Bizarre change either way.

Anyway - PES14 is looking fabulous and next year I hope we see a Wii U iteration.

PES 2013 on the PS3 is our go to game between me and my mates. With all the updates and the option files it's (in Harry's terms) t'riific. Trouble is most gamers play the demo's and leave it at that. PES13 is my fav footy game since PES6. Easily.

Glad this is coming to the 3DS at least. PES gets serious game time on my 3DS. Full modes too :D

Maybe the Animal Crossing boom has seen the 3DS come back on to Konami's radar? Bizarre change either way.

Anyway - PES14 is looking fabulous and next year I hope we see a Wii U iteration.

lets see what konami europe say before we all get too happy dude..

Hopefully it gets an EU release anyway. Just wish konami would make more effort and at least release squad update files through the season.

Edited by khilafah

i know EA are saying they didn't make any money on FIFA 13 on Wii U but it must have sold in tens of thousands, so whilst I perhaps get that they don't want to invest in a fully fledged FIFA 14 for Wii U (don't get me started) but surely they can re-skin 13 for pennies.

i know EA are saying they didn't make any money on FIFA 13 on Wii U but it must have sold in tens of thousands, so whilst I perhaps get that they don't want to invest in a fully fledged FIFA 14 for Wii U (don't get me started) but surely they can re-skin 13 for pennies.

Releasing some gimped version would be even worse

I'm not shocked that Fifa 13 didn't sell that much for the Wii U. Judging from what I've played on the demo, it's not exactly Earth shatteringly good. If they want to succeed. The touch-screen shooting and management modes were good, but using the engine from the previous year's iteration was poor. You reap what you sow.

Sign in to follow this