Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

Nintendo won developer of the year and best fighting game of the year. Another World Premiere, Codename Steam. Yawn! Geoff Keighley has dropped a hint that the end of the show will be good. He also said that nobody needs to be cranky while talking to Reggie.

Nintendo won developer of the year and best fighting game of the year. Another World Premiere, Codename Steam. Yawn! Geoff Keighley has dropped a hint that the end of the show will be good. He also said that nobody needs to be cranky.

The cranky line was great.

Codename Steam still does nothing for me.

Struggling to stay awake, hope this Nintendo stuff is worth it. It feels like 90% of big AAA games these days are either fantasy kill-a-thons or shooters. So dull. (IMO)

Stay strong we are nearly there.

Great to see Shovel Knight win the indie award.

I have to say, apart from the idiotic crowd, the award show has been a major step up from previous attempts.

Yeah the production values of the show are great this year.

I don't normally get my hopes up for things like this but I'm getting more and more convinced they'll show another look at Zelda U.

Human Element, I thought ooh a motorbike racer, but no it soon turned into a FPS.

Great win for Shovel Knight!

ZELDA!!!!!

It looks really nice and colossally big. Confirmed for next year. I hope they release that trailer as a direct feed. Starfox is next year too and will be out before Zelda.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Good night for Nintendo overall. A few awards and some new trailers. I would like to see this kind of thing from them more often. Embrace the industry as a whole as opposed to just doing their own thing. It gives them more mainstream coverage.

Microsoft didnt show up at all to this thing. Weird.

Yes they won some awards which was good, that Zelda trailer saved them from a bad showing. It was worth staying up for alone. Of all the games over the 3 hours, not one of them is coming to Wii U and that included indie games. And they weren't all next generation games either. Steam got plenty of plugs with loads of games on sale with 66% off. Nintendo had to rely on themselves to show 3 games in the show. Gonna examine that trailer in detail now.

Yes they won some awards which was good, that Zelda trailer saved them from a bad showing. It was worth staying up for alone. Of all the games over the 3 hours, not one of them is coming to Wii U and that included indie games. And they weren't all next generation games either. Steam got plenty of plugs with loads of games on sale with 66% off. Nintendo had to rely on themselves to show 3 games in the show. Gonna examine that trailer in detail now.

"A bad showing". It's a game award show, not E3.

"A bad showing". It's a game award show, not E3.

You should tell that to all the companies at the show that announced new games but skipped Wii U. It was on for 3 hours, I watched every minute of it. As a Nintendo only owner I'm quite ignorant and oblivious to a lot of what is on the other consoles. Probably for the best, you can't miss what you don't know about. There were games there that I'd love to see on Wii U. And it's not just the new games, I'm a big South Park fan. No Stick Of Truth for us. No anything. Even the games that were up for this years awards, how many of them were 3rd party and on a Nintendo platform? The only one that springs to mind is Bravely Default for 3DS. While Zelda was great, the other 2 games were snore fests and got little reaction from the crowd. Nothing new was announced for Nintendo platforms.

You should tell that to all the companies at the show that announced new games but skipped Wii U. It was on for 3 hours, I watched every minute of it. As a Nintendo only owner I'm quite ignorant and oblivious to a lot of what is on the other consoles. Probably for the best, you can't miss what you don't know about. There were games there that I'd love to see on Wii U. And it's not just the new games, I'm a big South Park fan. No Stick Of Truth for us. No anything. Even the games that were up for this years awards, how many of them were 3rd party and on a Nintendo platform? The only one that springs to mind is Bravely Default for 3DS. While Zelda was great, the other 2 games were snore fests and got little reaction from the crowd. Nothing new was announced for Nintendo platforms.

So? Third parties aren't on Wii U. This is nothing new. Why are you acting like this is new and a surprise?