NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Flubit

How much for? I'm contemplating one for the sake of having it...

They're 24 quid on Amazon but I managed to get about 2 quid off. Go for eet.

Haha yeah, was making my way through the forums and just got to trades and bargains after I posted that! I'm flubitttttttting.

(is this now our personal flubit conversation thread?)

Haha yeah, was making my way through the forums and just got to trades and bargains after I posted that! I'm flubitttttttting.

(is this now our personal flubit conversation thread?)

I'm using it again for some Spanish Learning DVDs. Huehuehue.

yes

First markdown against Flubit for me since the Amazon change. Submitted a W101(£34.89 on Amazon) demand out of curiosity which has come back at £31.85. ShopTo are £32.86 but with the 2.5% reward points I'll get for a later purchase, it's essentially about 20p more? £32.08 or something.

Given the superior service I feel I've gotten in the past from ShopTo in terms of delivery times(plus this possibly contributing to a rewards rankup); I will most likely consider shelling that extra 20p for ShopTo over Flubit. Additionally considered I can wait things out and still get the game superquick with ShopTo as opposed to Flubit, in case I don't want it straight away(which I kinda don't, similar to Pikmin, I got it cos of Flubit testing tho), so I've got some extra flexibility there.

I do wonder if they'll notice a fall in demand(ohoho) of their service and how they might adjust from there.

First markdown against Flubit for me since the Amazon change. Submitted a W101(£34.89 on Amazon) demand out of curiosity which has come back at £31.85. ShopTo are £32.86 but with the 2.5% reward points I'll get for a later purchase, it's essentially about 20p more? £32.08 or something.

Given the superior service I feel I've gotten in the past from ShopTo in terms of delivery times(plus this possibly contributing to a rewards rankup); I will most likely consider shelling that extra 20p for ShopTo over Flubit. Additionally considered I can wait things out and still get the game superquick with ShopTo as opposed to Flubit, in case I don't want it straight away(which I kinda don't, similar to Pikmin, I got it cos of Flubit testing tho), so I've got some extra flexibility there.

I do wonder if they'll notice a fall in demand(ohoho) of their service and how they might adjust from there.

Yeah, it's instances like that where Flubit have dun goof'd. Beforehand, I put in a demand for them to beat WOWHD's price and got my offer back at 27 quid. Stupidly, I declined, because I was certain that I could get a better price. A few days later, they did the whole amazon bullshit thing.

If Amazon are already the lowest price, then it's a good service. But, what would be even better is if you could say Amazon are charging this, ShopTo are charging this, beat both pleeeeeease.

Tbh I think beating both/ShopTo is a better choice; they're one of the online leaders for games for me. I'd often pay a quid or two more at ShopTo knowing I get the rewards benefits, a snappy delivery(ordering a game at 1pm and having it within 24 hours...unbeatable) and them generally also being amazingly priced.

Anyhow on Flubit news, my Wii U Mega Classic Pro U controller has arrived today! Fulfilled by Asda it seems. 5 day start to finish turnaround for teh bargain isn't too bad.

Doesn't look like Flubit are accepting PayPal any more.

What are they taking instead then?! Seems a bit strange, unless they fell out with PayPal or so. Just tried a new demand for GTAV...now got an email saying I need to answer a question but Flubit and my phone seem to absolutely hate each other -.-

What are they taking instead then?! Seems a bit strange, unless they fell out with PayPal or so. Just tried a new demand for GTAV...now got an email saying I need to answer a question but Flubit and my phone seem to absolutely hate each other -.-

Just straight up credit card details. The percentage that PayPal were skimming off the top of each sale was probably a big portion of the money they make per sale considering they must be only making a tiny amount anyway.

I won't be using them again. Having major issues with returning an item at the moment, so losing the PayPal safety net just makes me more weary.

Just straight up credit card details. The percentage that PayPal were skimming off the top of each sale was probably a big portion of the money they make per sale considering they must be only making a tiny amount anyway.

I won't be using them again. Having major issues with returning an item at the moment, so losing the PayPal safety net just makes me more weary.

They're pestering me about sending a receipt for an item which I've sent back already. About 2 weeks ago, probably 3 now.

That's interesting, as I didn't think they took anything BUT PayPal before, and I wondered about the exact same issue of dropping some of their cut there. I totes forgot to answer the query when I was on tinternets yesterday, still don't even know what it was! If they can get me GTAV for sub £35 I'll take it though :D

HA! Almost a year later and I re-post in this thread. Used Flubit again for the first time in ages this week(it's still there!) - although in the end I was too impatient to wait for my demand.

However, it now has an interesting feature where you can 'steal' other people's expiring demands(such as my Fantasy Life demand, expiring in 5 hours, at 25.58!). Given it seems Amazon's prices have been coming down a bit more to meet competition too, I might be looking at Flubit a bit more again in future. Might stay away from the steals section though, too poor for dat.

Sign in to follow this