N-Europe

Breaking News: George Osbourne eats a burger

Charlie

I haven't deflected your point, I've told you your point has no real value - only perceived value.

Of course it has value. Because the 'social warriors' who would have been mobilised against these issues have been effectively neutralised due to the fact that it is Obama not Bush/McCain/Romney overseeing their implementation.

Hence it shines a light on several things: the nature of partisan politics and the fact that people will put their 'views' to one side very quickly if they are conditioning to think the person they should be opposing is 'cool'.

penn.png?width=480&height=274

But your still talking about something that exists within a system that is worthless. I'm pretty sure I'm agreeing with you, it shines a light on a whole maelstrom of political forces. But at the end of the day when the base discourse is bullshit, anything working within that is also bullshit. So yes, it has valeu within the political discourse but I do not value the political discourse.

I'm saying is I have no faith in the system, and that includes how indistinguishable political candidates are.

The problem isn't him having a £10 burger.

The problem comes from this being presented as a story on the news.

"George Osborne defends choice of Spending Review burger"...

ike-facepalm.jpg

I do have a problem with it if it's being paid for by us and not him. Of course, I have no idea if it's being claimed as a sustenance expense or not.

Pictures this morning showing fat fuck Eric Pickles not eating a burger but a salad!!!

Obviously breaking news.

Did you not click Charlie's link? :p