N-Europe

HTC camera issues

Jimbob

Hello again

Last night at the Bon Jovi concert, my camera on my HTC Sensation XE (running ICS) decided to stop working. Everytime i press the button for the camera, it brings up the camera logo then back to the home screen on my phone. Same goes for the video camera. I tried a non-stock camera app to see if that was the issue, all camera apps don't load. And i seem to be stuck as to what to do to fix this issue.

Any ideas anyone?

Hello again

Last night at the Bon Jovi concert, my camera on my HTC Sensation XE (running ICS) decided to stop working. Everytime i press the button for the camera, it brings up the camera logo then back to the home screen on my phone. Same goes for the video camera. I tried a non-stock camera app to see if that was the issue, all camera apps don't load. And i seem to be stuck as to what to do to fix this issue.

Any ideas anyone?

I've had a similar problem with my girlfriend's. On a One X. I reinstalled the stock camera app...however the problem arose again so ended putting on a fresh jelly bean install.

Is your battery level above 15 per cent? My camera won't open if it isn't...

I thought that myself, but a full charge and it still won't open. May do a refresh and see whats what tonight.

Edit: From having a chat with 2 different phone shops and some independant chap on the street, they gave the same response to me. The heat syncs have melted and damaged the connection to the camera, hence the short-outs i had last night.

Edited by Jimbob