NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

HTC One V - what's a good price?

Hello all! Just a quick one hopefully for someone who knows the androidy smartphone market - my mate is selling a used HTC One V - what's a sort of good price for it second hand? Say it's in decent condition and about a year old?

Well, they're around £135 new. So perhaps £70-80ish?

Well, they're around £135 new. So perhaps £70-80ish?

Oh wow, didn't realise they were that cheapish. Checked a few ebays and they're throwing up at more than £100 for used ones - where's the new ones for £135? He's said £80 so I guess with your estimate that's pretty fair!

Just a quick bump - how quick/easy is it likely to be to migrate(or copy) all my...well, all my everything from my HTC Desire HD over to the HTC One when I get it? Would like to keep all my apps etc in their current forms settings saved stuff etc

I'm not sure if it will apply to both of your phones, but there should be an app that will let you transfer certain data from your old phone to the new one. This will most likely be sms, photos, contacts, bookmarks, but it might depend on the phone.

If you have saved your contacts and settings to your Google account, you should be able to import those I think.

As for apps, I don't think you will be able to save those settings at all unless there is some app that will let you do it. You will most likely have to download the apps again from the Play store (of course you won't have to pay again if you use the same Google account).

I haven't really done any of these myself except for the Transfer app, which strangely enough worked with my old Sony Ericsson (not even a smartphone) to transfer my contacts and my pictures.

I don't think it would be best to backup everything and transfer to a new phone, plus I think you have to be rooted to backup apps. But you can have a look at an app like titanium backup if that's what your wanting to do.

Stuff like contacts will carry across if they are backed up to google.

What if I take the SD card from one phone and pop it in the other? I've installed a number of the apps to the SD card.

I think, most accurately, I'm trying to essentially dupe the first phone onto the second one. I don't really want to just move stuff, I want to keep the current one as much like it is as I can, and make the second one as much like it too. I don't need to upkeep this after, it's just the starting point really.

What if I take the SD card from one phone and pop it in the other? I've installed a number of the apps to the SD card.

I think, most accurately, I'm trying to essentially dupe the first phone onto the second one. I don't really want to just move stuff, I want to keep the current one as much like it is as I can, and make the second one as much like it too. I don't need to upkeep this after, it's just the starting point really.

Just popping in the SD card probably won't work because in that way, wouldn't everyone just be able to share apps with their friends for free?

I don't know if you can get just your settings (rather than the entire app) over to the other phone that way, but to be honest I wouldn't count on it.

From what I remember when informing customers who had to reset their phone, apps were the one thing they couldn't save and would just have to download again.

Ah, I thought it might be ok and use some sort of signed in authentication(ie my account was signed in last so I can use the apps), but I realise yeah that's pretty silly and probably wouldn't work. I've not got many paid apps so I didn't really consider that.

Sign in to follow this