N-Europe

Media Servers

Dog-amoto

So I'm using Universal Media Server on my Mac to stream stuff to my PS3, and oddly, using PS3 Media Server to stream to my Xbox, but every so often I get errors, saying no renderers were found. Neither my PS3 or Xbox works, so I'd think it was a problem with my absolutely shit Virgin "Superhub".

So I tried connecting my PS3 through ethernet and it worked fine for a few weeks until tonight when it's just randomly stopped working again. I have changed no settings and it's driving me mad!!

I've even tried a wired connection with both my Mac and PS3/Xbox and nothing works. I even put my "Superhub" into modem mode and am now using a Netgear router.

What gives?? Why's it just decided not to work all of a sudden? :(

Is there an update available for any of the hardware/software involved? I know this is a no-brainer, but it was the fix for me when PS3 Media Server randomly crapped out on me a week or so ago. I'm using Virgin Media too and despite what fixed it, I'm sure the super hub was in some way responsible for the mess.

So I'm using Universal Media Server on my Mac to stream stuff to my PS3, and oddly, using PS3 Media Server to stream to my Xbox, but every so often I get errors, saying no renderers were found. Neither my PS3 or Xbox works, so I'd think it was a problem with my absolutely shit Virgin "Superhub".

So I tried connecting my PS3 through ethernet and it worked fine for a few weeks until tonight when it's just randomly stopped working again. I have changed no settings and it's driving me mad!!

I've even tried a wired connection with both my Mac and PS3/Xbox and nothing works. I even put my "Superhub" into modem mode and am now using a Netgear router.

What gives?? Why's it just decided not to work all of a sudden? :(

No idea. It will probably be something on the PC side. Make sure UPNP is working on your router.

The current version of PS3 Media Server also support VLC. So install VLC player if you havent got it.

UMS is pretty much a fork of P3MS right?