NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Murr

Rumour: Need For Speed Underground

nfs_underground_rumor.jpg

The above logo, sent to us by an anonymous source, was indicated to be part of the title’s box art for the Xbox 360 version of Criterion’s supposed Need for Speed: Underground, corroborating other talk we’ve heard about a Criterion-developed Underground.

According to the source, the title will be set in Bayview—though a rebooted, original Bayview, not Underground 2′s.

While it’s possible that this logo is nothing more than an early mockup—a likely scenario, given the timing, the repeated elements, and the inclusion of real-world landmarks like London’s Big Ben and Rome’s Colosseum—similarities between the source’s report and earlier information received by EGM leads us to believe that the image is most likely linked to a real project currently in development.

The rumor is further supported by the LinkedIn profiles of several Criterion employees, which make mention of an “unannounced racing title” and “unannounced title” of EA’s expected to release sometime this year.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...or-speed-game/

ron-paul.gif

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Please, no. Criterion should not be forced to make another lesser Need for Speed game. We need a new Burnout.

Criterion's Creative director just tweeted this

Totally fake. Remakes and Reboots? #movedon

https://twitter.com/AlexanderJWard/status/322632944776802304

(And the article has been deleted - they should at least post an update saying the rumour was wrong)

Edit: Just noticed the link was wrong.

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

Ah that's rubbish.

Underground is the one NFS game that I want remade badly. Hot Pursuit was good, but the Underground series was incredible.

If it does happen i'd hope that they have a lot of customization and cars more inclined for street racing, not muscle and sport cars with the option to change the paint colour.

If it does happen i'd hope that they have a lot of customization and cars more inclined for street racing, not muscle and sport cars with the option to change the paint colour.

It's probably for the best that Criterion don't make it. I'm sure EA will reboot it fairly soon, probably via another developer.

Underground is the one NFS game that I want remade badly.

You're not alone.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

So many great memories. Can't believe it's been almost 9 years since I've played it.

Holy shit...9 years.

JUST MAKE BURNOUT FUCKING PARADISE 2 FOR NEXT GEN CONSOLES.

NO I WILL NOT STOP SHOUTING.

Sign in to follow this