N-Europe

Gametrailers Re/Port

Retro_Link

Loved how this avoided probably the two best examples of a Wii U from a technical point of view. Also was it just me or did they not really compare them all that much?
It's the first video of a series I thought.

But yeah, could have been a bit more content maybe; but I think they covered them as much as they needed too, and lets face it, like you said these aren't the best examples.

They pointed out the positives of Ninja Gaiden and maybe Darksiders, where as Batman and Mass Effect 3 probably aren't the definative versions.

It's the first video of a series I thought.

But yeah, could have been a bit more content maybe; but I think they covered them as much as they needed too, and lets face it, like you said these aren't the best examples.

They pointed out the positives of Ninja Gaiden and maybe Darksiders, where as Batman and Mass Effect 3 probably aren't the definative versions.

There was so much waffling. There were points where the guy gets to the end of almost a paragraph of text and has said hardly anything at all in reality! ::shrug:

Well in that video the Wii U version looks better.

As I've read on Eurogamer, most of the issues regarding these 'ports' aren't anywhere near as bad as certain people are making out and are most likely down to a lack of optimisation for the hardware due to time constraints.

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly not ideal to have frame rate drops in ME3 at all. But these are launch titles.

Here's an early 360 game:

Things got a lot better. It's never wise to do two things:

1) Judge hardware of a tech demo - a lot of the time the quality of footage from pre-release tech demos is never matched in the life time of console.

2) Judge hardware from the first titles released on it - by the time a console reaches the end of its lifespan games often look completely different as developers have learned how to push the hardware.

Yeah for CoD Wii U looks best. Mass Effect 3 seems on par with 360. The Giant Bomb live feed from a week ago gave the impression that Batman had some issues, while Epic Mickey had major frame rate issues. Tekken's port looks faultless.

I think Epic Mickey is kinda flopping on all platforms though, it just doesn't seem to run well or build successfully on the first.

I checked out some 1080p gameplay footage on youtube from both the WiiU and Xbox versions of Batman the other day and the framerate issues during fights aren't too severe. The Xbox has some too, sometimes better, sometimes worse, and even some screen tearing, which the WiiU doesn't. I think the effect of the choppy framerate is exaggerated in both versions by the intentional slow motion during certain attacks. Don't think it'll be a problem at all for me because have the PC version of Asylum which I'm used to and that runs a lot worse on my shitty laptop!

As with the "OMG WII GAMES SUPER SHARP AND UPSCALED" this seems to be partly a case of selective memory of how things looked before.

I think Epic Mickey is kinda flopping on all platforms though, it just doesn't seem to run well or build successfully on the first.

Epic Mickey is a huge disappointment on all fronts :( No one could have been more excited for it than me (ok so Warren Spector was), but it looks like they haven't improved on the original in many fundamental areas.