NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
madeinbeats

Wii U GamePad is 3D Enabled... I think...

I'm on a bit of a late one tonight, and I don't know if I'm hallucination or not, but...

http://imgmr.com/index.php/Wii-U-News/wii-u-gamepad-3d-enabled-confirmed.html

Two weeks ago, we, the IMGMR team, were told of a very interesting bit of information regarding the Wii U Gamepad. At Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed III Launch Party here in Montreal, a Product Manager shared with us that the Gamepad is actually 3D enabled and will be usable in games like Assassin's Creed III. Now, we come with the confirmation.

In Assassin's Creed III, the 3D factor can be activated at any time during gameplay by going into the options and changing the 3D settings at "Sterescopy" and, right under, "3D Strength". The stereoscopy can be changed from Off, to Inficolor, to Side By Side or Top Bottom. Also, the 3D strength can be measured from 0 to 10, depending on your visual comfort. The green and magenta 3D glasses needed to experience this visual sensation come from Inficolor.

On a quick note, it was already established that many Wii U games will allow gamer to play the whole experience on the Wii U Gamepad's screen. One such example is obviously Assassin's Creed III. From the settings as well, players can bring the action in between their hands and then bring it back to the big screen if ever they feel they prefer the big screen experience.

A google of it doesn't seem to show any reputable sites reporting on it....Although the red and magenta 3D effect is possible on pretty much any display so it's believable.

A google of it doesn't seem to show any reputable sites reporting on it....

Probably because bragging about this would be like bragging that it can do mono sound.

Assassin's Creed III has that function in general on all consoles. It's not WiiU specific. You can do side by side and all those with the PS3 version I have. It's just an AC3 feature as opposed to a WiiU pad feature.

Sign in to follow this