NEurope
bryanee

Godzilla

Film was alright. I thought it started off really well and it all seemed great until about 2/3rds of the way through where it just seemed to lose a bit of focus and steam.

The parts at the plant with Cranston's wife dying was awesome. He carried the film until his death, where I feel that it just seemed to lose a bit of focus and sense. The effects were great, especially the scenes with the tidal wave in Hawaii, pretty scary stuff. But, for some reason, it just didn't hit that high note overall, although there was nothing that I could say was fundamentally wrong with it.

Biggest laugh of the night for me was when about 3/4s into the film (oh yeah, I'm on dat fraction tyme tonight), a woman came walking down the aisle (I had an aisle seat) looking for her seat. She was crouched over with her arms curved, looking like some sort of wicked witch/MOOTOOOO cross-breed. She then proceeded to do the same back UP the aisle and towards the door, muttering something about being in the wrong film. Bwhahahaha

Film was alright. I thought it started off really well and it all seemed great until about 2/3rds of the way through where it just seemed to lose a bit of focus and steam.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. Also, the pacing seemed off, seemed to lack any great sense of urgency?

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. Also, the pacing seemed off, seemed to lack any great sense of urgency?

Long time no see!

I was thinking about Godzilla earlier today actually and realised that even if there were no humans the plot wouldn't actually have changed at all... Godzillla would just have gone to fight the other two, won, and gone back into the sea. :P

Lack of urgency sums it up well. There seemed to be a lot of danger and you had a feeling that shit was about to go down. Then, when things did happen, it felt a bit flat.

Still think it was decent, wouldn't mind seeing it again in the future. But, it's not really a stand-out film.