N-Europe

Daredevil Movie

Retro_Link

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/12/director-departs-daredevil-reboot

Director Departs Daredevil Reboot

David Slade will no longer be helming the further adventures of Matt Murdock.

by Chris TillyJuly 12, 2012It looks like the planned Daredevil reboot is in trouble, with director David Slade departing the long-gestating project.

According to Deadline, the 30 Days of Night helmer’s commitments to the forthcoming Hannibal TV series mean that he can no longer oversee the project.

And 20th Century Fox need to get their skates on replacing him and making the movie by autumn or risk having the rights revert to Marvel Studios and Disney.

Just do the decent thing and give up the rights Fox!

They can't rush a director and film into production by the autumn simply to hold on to them!... the resulting film would likely bomb!

This is basically why Sony rushed Spiderman into production with little real thought behind it. They should have done the decent thing aswell, but at least The Amazing Spiderman turned out pretty decent. But if they'd spent the time on it that it deserved we'd likely have a better looking Lizard and a much better structured story/pacing.

What's the point in another half-assed Daredevil movie?

Edited by Retro_Link

I'll take this as good news, while I'm not too fussed about having Daredevil added to Marvels Cinematic Univervse guess it's the best that can be hoped for from the film rights Marvel/Disney don't currently have.

Would prefer Spiderman but as you mentioned Sony did everything they could to get a film in production to keep the rights. And they already planned a sequel for it before they finished the first. So barring some mess with the production of the next film or Sony and Marvel/Disney coming to an agreement we certainly won't be seeing Spidey anytime soon so I guess we can settle with Daredevil