N-Europe

Guess who's directing....

CompSci

AvP LOOSELY based on the book?! Understatement of the year ALREADY and the year has only just begun!

The only thing it has in common with the book is that it has Alien's Predator's and humans in! This film is an insult to the book!!!

Anderson is a CRAP director! Ihaven't seen a film he's made that is even half-watchable, never mind half-decent!

You've read Prey, right?:P

Here are some similarities with the book:

1. Book: The Predators plan to hunt the aliens. However, the hunt goes wrong due to humans being at the place where the hunt is taking place.

Film: Predators plan to hunt the aliens. Oh, and guess what? Humans just happen to be there, and the hunt just happens to go wrong (what with 2 preds dying within 5 mins of each other) ;)

2. Book: During a scene in the book, the human finds that one of her own kind has been impregnated by an alien. She kills the human. Mercy kill.

Film: Same thing happens, in the alien hive. "they mustn't reach the surface."

3. Book: Predator and human form an alliance to try and defeat the aliens.

Film: Exactly the same thing happens.

4. Book: Predator is fatally wounded, and so dies. The human, who i might add is a woman (just like in the film), is very saddened by this. In the final chapter, the other predators turn up and make her part of the clan.

Film: Predator is fatally wounded and dies. The other predators turn up and see the symbol upon her face (which is also featured in the book) and so give her a weapon. I interpreted this to mean that they accept her as one of their own.

But of course, the film is an insult to the book and Anderson is crap. What do i know? ;)

Haven't read the book but i must say the story from the movie, and thus probably the book's too, was absolute crap.

Dunno, but i think Aliens and Predators don't belong together, and definatly not in the modern world as we know it (well predators might). And predators certainly shouldn't work together with humans. It ruins both the classic movies tbh.

Haven't read the book but i must say the story from the movie, and thus probably the book's too, was absolute crap.

Dunno, but i think Aliens and Predators don't belong together, and definatly not in the modern world as we know it (well predators might). And predators certainly shouldn't work together with humans. It ruins both the classic movies tbh.

Uhh, hate to break it to you on the last bit, but they kinda do. :P Actually, before AvP was even in production, they were already in the same universe. How? Go watch Predator 2. In the ship, at the end. ;) Notice something familiar on the wall? :heh:

Edit: Haha, sorry guys. I'm just a wee bit passionate about Aliens/Predator/AvP. :)

Uhh, hate to break it to you on the last bit, but they kinda do. :P Actually, before AvP was even in production, they were already in the same universe. How? Go watch Predator 2. In the ship, at the end. ;) Notice something familiar on the wall? :heh:

Edit: Haha, sorry guys. I'm just a wee bit passionate about Aliens/Predator/AvP. :)

Sequels always ruin the beauty and reliability of their predessor, don't they :p

Sequels always ruin the beauty and reliability of their predessor, don't they :p

Hehe:D That's a debateable argument, and i really don't know the answer to that. Thing is, when a film has a different director for the sequel, it sorta puts a new spin on things. So, to that question, i would say yes and no. :D