N-Europe

Irem games being removed from VC & WiiWare

From the 31st March the following games will no longer be available on the Wii Shop Channel:

• R-TYPE (Turbografx)
  • Super R-Type (Super Nintendo)
  • R-TYPE II: THE THIRD LIGHTNING (Super Nintendo)
  • Vigilante (Turbografx)
  • Ninja Spirit (Turbografx)
  • Legend of Hero Tonma (Turbografx)
  • MILITARY MADNESS NECTARIS (WiiWare)

Snap em up while you can!

IREM pulled their games from PSN last year and now its happening to the Wii - Nintendo is always last to everything, eh. Sad to see them go down as I highly rate the first two R-Type games... but not the Third Lightning which I downloaded on the VC and never got past the second level... :woops: Can I get a refund on it please...?

Is Military Madness any good? Thats an Advance Wars type game, isn't it?

So is anyone keeping a running count of whats dropped off the Shop Channel? There was the NES TNMT game, the Hudson titles and a quick Google shows that some Sonic games are gonna disappear off the Japanese Shop Channel soon. Turtles was a licensing issue, Hudson died... but Sonic! Whats up with that? ::shrug:

When this sort of thing happens, you can see how hard it'd be for Nintendo to allow the games you've bought to be transferred to all the future Nintendo systems you buy. I still think Nintendo should allow it for 1st-party content, but it'll probably never happen with content they don't own.