NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

PHP Form Help Needed

Hey folks!

At work they want me to make the module selection choices less of a ball ache. What I'm looking to do is create a number of Google Forms (I know more advanced forms could be hand made and that was my initial idea but I'm not going to be in this job forever so something simple and user-friendly will have to do) that each have their own URL.

What students will do is select, from drop down boxes, three options - LEVEL, PROGRAMME and DURATION (essentially MSc/MRes/PG Cert, [Programme of Study Name], Full-Time/Part-Time). This can be done with one huge drop down box but I think it would be more user friendly to not have such a long drop down list. After this they click a button (would prefer this rather than auto-load as that could confuse students, as they're easily confused) and the correct form for them to fill out loads.

I can do this, or I should say I found out how to do this, with one option but I need some kind of conditional IF formula that loads the correct form depending on the three conditions. I kind of understand it in my head but if someone could just give me the bare bones I can work from there.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey folks!

At work they want me to make the module selection choices less of a ball ache. What I'm looking to do is create a number of Google Forms (I know more advanced forms could be hand made and that was my initial idea but I'm not going to be in this job forever so something simple and user-friendly will have to do) that each have their own URL.

What students will do is select, from drop down boxes, three options - LEVEL, PROGRAMME and DURATION (essentially MSc/MRes/PG Cert, [Programme of Study Name], Full-Time/Part-Time). This can be done with one huge drop down box but I think it would be more user friendly to not have such a long drop down list. After this they click a button (would prefer this rather than auto-load as that could confuse students, as they're easily confused) and the correct form for them to fill out loads.

I can do this, or I should say I found out how to do this, with one option but I need some kind of conditional IF formula that loads the correct form depending on the three conditions. I kind of understand it in my head but if someone could just give me the bare bones I can work from there.

Thanks in advance :)

You'll need to use Javascript/AJAX for loading the form dynamically. JQuery makes AJAX loading a lot easier.

Just have a second php script that holds the form (not sure what a Google Form is) with your if statements (although switch statement would be better...) and pass a variable via GET/POST on your ajax call.

So, for example: the student selects MSc, use javascript to read the selected value from the drop down and load the form script passing the value with AJAX, so the url will look like: http://example.com/forms.php?id=MSc and then load the form into the page (with Jquery's .load function).

Hope that helps, like I said I'm not sure what a Google Form is so I hope this is right :laughing:

Sign in to follow this