N-Europe

revolution has gone gold

dabookerman

heres a thing to think about, xbox 360 was unvieled in may, unfinished, and released in november

rev will be fully unvieled in e3 06 as the final product. so from there they could produce them, which would take 3 months for a million or so to be manufactured.

Yeah...and 'Tendo have LOADSA factories in their power too, or at least seemed to with the DS!!

Nintendo have a chance of doing really well if they play their cards right

Yeah....I'm sure they're gonna try not to fall short of advertising this time too!!.....Make them COOL NINTY!!

Yeh the post e3 hype doesnt matter so much. Simply because a majority of the core audience already know and are already intrigued by revolution, and the hype for them, as has already been said, can be generated pre-E3.

This supposed post E3 hype isnt important but its the most important. I say this because whenever its launched the core fans/gamers will purchase revolution, but the post advertising is important to make those who dont know about it aware. So whether its out or not wont matter for the post E3.

In fact it could be better if it is out, then (assuming its as cheap as projected) they will probably be able to capture impulse buyers as well, leaving them with little time to change their mind. Then they just have to convince the unbelievers.

The most important (and deciding) factor is whether they can keep a steady stream of games comin out. If this news is true then this will become th edeciding factor of when it launches.

Personally am hoping for a may/june launch tho. No reason why they cant take advantage of the summer drought that everyone talks about, and save a couple big games for the holiday season.

Yeh the post e3 hype doesnt matter so much. Simply because a majority of the core audience already know and are already intrigued by revolution, and the hype for them, as has already been said, can be generated pre-E3.

This supposed post E3 hype isnt important but its the most important. I say this because whenever its launched the core fans/gamers will purchase revolution, but the post advertising is important to make those who dont know about it aware. So whether its out or not wont matter for the post E3.

In fact it could be better if it is out, then (assuming its as cheap as projected) they will probably be able to capture impulse buyers as well, leaving them with little time to change their mind. Then they just have to convince the unbelievers.

The most important (and deciding) factor is whether they can keep a steady stream of games comin out. If this news is true then this will become th edeciding factor of when it launches.

Personally am hoping for a may/june launch tho. No reason why they cant take advantage of the summer drought that everyone talks about, and save a couple big games for the holiday season.

yea i agree,it should be about summer time its released,then we could play it all summer.Nintendo can build up all the hype at E3 and people will be like 'OMG I WANT SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!' and with that hype will be a good launch,only thing is ,is that they would need launch games

The problem the gamecube had was that there wasn't a continuous flow of good game going. I believe that the year it came out, Mario Sunshine was the main game to buy and that had been out for 5 months!

Nintendo need to get some good franchises out for christmas (come on, give me Luigi Mansion Revo :kiss: ). If it launches with Smash Bros. and Metroid, then it will be unstopable i think, and Mario for Xmas!!! By then, the 3rd parties should have some good ideas (CAPCOM, the gods of gaming :awesome: ) and the REvo will be on it's way.

I'd just like to add that I honestly believe that the Revo can win the Next gen console wars.

I'd just like to add that I honestly believe that the Revo can win the Next gen console wars.

I think they could aswell,they need a good flow of games,start of with smash bros as the launch and a month or so later metroid prime 3 -that would bring in every one who likes FPS- then few months after that a new mario game - even luigi mansion revo-,and during that time 2nd party and 3rd party people would have already developed games out making a wide choice already