NEurope
darksnowman

Gameboy Advance Celebration

What I will always remember about the Minish Cap are the kinstones. I really wish they weren't so random because I feel that doesn't have a place in Zelda games - if you could gather kinstones from certain chests, defeating all the enemies in a room or whatever, I think that would have been a better fit, y'know?

I never understood this complaint. Obtaining kinstones might be a bit random, but the people you can use them on are what defines the prize. That remains a constant.

Plus, the reward for an item collection minigame is caves, enemies and secret spots. There's no reward that's more Zelda than that one.

Since getting the Minish Cap the Christmas it came out over here (2004, according to the title screen), I've played it to the end twice without actually completing it. ::shrug: This evening after work, I fired up the Micro and put paid to Vaati - he was pretty easy in the grand scheme of things, but I was glad you could fill up your health before the final phase... but then it ended up the easiest anyway.

What I will always remember about the Minish Cap are the kinstones. I really wish they weren't so random because I feel that doesn't have a place in Zelda games - if you could gather kinstones from certain chests, defeating all the enemies in a room or whatever, I think that would have been a better fit, y'know?

YES one thing I've very much hated it in the twice I have attempted to playthrough it. Otherwise love the game.

I never understood this complaint. Obtaining kinstones might be a bit random, but the people you can use them on are what defines the prize. That remains a constant.

Plus, the reward for an item collection minigame is caves, enemies and secret spots. There's no reward that's more Zelda than that one.

Having random drops in a Zelda game just doesn't sit right with me. :hmm: Any shape of Kinstone can fall from any baddie and be uncovered in a piece of grass. If there was even some kind of pattern it might have helped, imo,

YES one thing I've very much hated it in the twice I have attempted to playthrough it. Otherwise love the game.

Glad someone sees things my way. :D