N-Europe

30 Minute Gamers Podcast now part of Blueprint & #1 Videogames podcast on Podomatic!

flameboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back!

Very very jealous that you got to visit the Nintendo Store, well, generally jealous you went to New York, but the Nintendo Store just tops it.

Other than the t-shirt did you buy any other Nintendo goodies? Seriously If I were going to New York, I'd have at least 2 months wages saved specifically to spend in that store.

onto the scariest gaming moments, agreed with Mike about Eternal Darkness, It's not so much scary, just creepy, the sanity effects were awesome. very tripped out when it seemed that my TV had turned itself off..

The bathtub scene...

gaming_eternaldarkness.jpg

lastly I'm going to cause more controversy... I'm afraid in my opinion...

Oblivion > Fallout3 (I've not played New Vegas so can't comment on that)

I played Oblivion first, and was hooked. loved it, but Fallout didn't grab me as much. I found it boring travelling from place to place in the subway where it seemed like the game mode was on a loop... Scary dark subway, attacked by some mutants.

I know in Oblivion you had to go into a lot of Dungeons, but I preferred this to the subways in Fallout, and I also hated that given your choice about the bomb in the middle of the first town (forget what it's called) you get chased then throughout the game(or what seemed like throughout the game) by some pissed off people.

but yes, that's just me :p

good episode again team!

Welcome back!

Very very jealous that you got to visit the Nintendo Store, well, generally jealous you went to New York, but the Nintendo Store just tops it.

Other than the t-shirt did you buy any other Nintendo goodies? Seriously If I were going to New York, I'd have at least 2 months wages saved specifically to spend in that store.

onto the scariest gaming moments, agreed with Mike about Eternal Darkness, It's not so much scary, just creepy, the sanity effects were awesome. very tripped out when it seemed that my TV had turned itself off..

The bathtub scene...

gaming_eternaldarkness.jpg

lastly I'm going to cause more controversy... I'm afraid in my opinion...

Oblivion > Fallout3 (I've not played New Vegas so can't comment on that)

I played Oblivion first, and was hooked. loved it, but Fallout didn't grab me as much. I found it boring travelling from place to place in the subway where it seemed like the game mode was on a loop... Scary dark subway, attacked by some mutants.

I know in Oblivion you had to go into a lot of Dungeons, but I preferred this to the subways in Fallout, and I also hated that given your choice about the bomb in the middle of the first town (forget what it's called) you get chased then throughout the game(or what seemed like throughout the game) by some pissed off people.

but yes, that's just me :p

good episode again team!

I will answer your question about Nintendo stuff on the next podcast. Also trying to find the time to write up some kind of article about the experience in Nintendo World. So you can expect those by the end of the week.

Thanks again for your feedback and constant support!

New Episode is now up to listen to:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/player/web/2011-09-08T12_16_41-07_00'>http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/player/web/2011-09-08T12_16_41-07_00

or download/subscribe here:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com

The 30 Minute Gamers Adam Ducker & Mike Luckett chat about more news regarding the 3DS, this time the second analogue stick! Also including random gaming related goodness! Please E-mail us any feedback and questions you want to hear on the show at [email protected] or via twitter @30minutegamers and on our open facebook group 30 Minute Gamers.

Next week we talking all things Q4 release window leading up to Christmas and the games we plan on buying and what is exciting us. Any feedback about both this weeks show and around this subject would be gratefully recieved!

Free Master System 2, that isn't too bad.

the game 'The Ninja' is it this one...

51HK4X3NVTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have that game, another awesome game for it is Transbot, try and get that if you can! 01-TransBot-213x300.jpg

With regards to the 3ds, and the different emotions that different gamers are probably feeling right now, I'm more so worried, in that it's pretty much a given now that a re-designed 3DS will be unveiled probably sooner rather than later. and this pisses me off as I just got my 3DS in the price drops at the end of August.

going by what i've read / heard this add-on is only for Monster Hunter, but let's hope it stays that way and no other games are created for this ridiculous add on. Hopefully that'll mean they won't need to do a console re-design.

the size of it reminds me of a Gamegear after looking at the pics.

Fable 3..... when I played it, I did enjoy it alot, I do love the fable series, but it did feel more like Fable 2.5, than a fully fledged sequel.

regardless of that It didn't stop me buying the collectors edition of it.:heh:

@Mike1988uk, why not go for the Gears of war 3 edition 360?

plowing through the episodes, hard to believe that was 13.

Free Master System 2, that isn't too bad.

the game 'The Ninja' is it this one...

51HK4X3NVTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have that game, another awesome game for it is Transbot, try and get that if you can! 01-TransBot-213x300.jpg

With regards to the 3ds, and the different emotions that different gamers are probably feeling right now, I'm more so worried, in that it's pretty much a given now that a re-designed 3DS will be unveiled probably sooner rather than later. and this pisses me off as I just got my 3DS in the price drops at the end of August.

going by what i've read / heard this add-on is only for Monster Hunter, but let's hope it stays that way and no other games are created for this ridiculous add on. Hopefully that'll mean they won't need to do a console re-design.

the size of it reminds me of a Gamegear after looking at the pics.

Fable 3..... when I played it, I did enjoy it alot, I do love the fable series, but it did feel more like Fable 2.5, than a fully fledged sequel.

regardless of that It didn't stop me buying the collectors edition of it.:heh:

@Mike1988uk, why not go for the Gears of war 3 edition 360?

plowing through the episodes, hard to believe that was 13.

I know we really are plowing through its crazy! Crazy really especially considering we weren't at full steam over summer!

Yeah the Ninja is that one. I will keep an eye out for Transbot looks awesome lol.

Thanks for you continued excellent support Murr, genuinely means a lot that one person is engaging with the show and enjoying it to the extent you are.

New episode is up!

Episode 14- Gaming Apocalypse.

The 30 Minute Gamers start their tour of this Winters biggest titles including: Batman Arkham City, Modern Warfare 3, Uncharted 3 amongst others. A few titles that may get caught under the weight of bigger games are also mentioned. If you have any views on this years releases why not hit us up on twitter @30minutegamers via email [email protected] or finally via the comments on this episode!

Available here on our page:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/

RSS:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

Or via itunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/30-minute-gamers/id444572954

Or over at blueprint review:

http://www.blueprintreview.co.uk

Well done Adam for recording when feeling like death.

did you win Transbot in the end?

There truly are some awesome games out this year, going to be an expensive end to the year.

I have a dilemma in that i'll be in Mauritius for 2 weeks from 29th October till 15th November, I know alot of people wouldn't see that as a problem, but it means i'll be 2 weeks behind on some ridiculously good games.

Skyrim release date deserves to be noticed....

tumblr_lrf4vqkkUf1qlg9fuo1_500.png

I'll hopefully be picking up Skyrim, MW3, Battlefield 3, F1 2011, Arkham City, Zelda Skyward Sword, Halo Anniversary, MGS HD collection...

money = gone...

Mike you clearly have far too much money pre-ordering all these collectors and epic editions of games :p

okay question if you can squeeze one in next time.

What do you think will be game of the year 2011?

the way I see it, it'll be split to 2 different results...

Casual gamers will no doubt say Modern Warfare 3 is game of the year, where as hardcode gamer gamers will go for something different.

I think it'll be between Arkham City & Skyrim. tough to choose though, oh thinking about it yeah Uncharted will also be a heavy contender too.

A bit later than planned but a new episode is live!

30 Minute Gamers Episode 15 - Gaming Apocalypse.....Part 2!

The 30 Minute Gamers continue their tour of this Winters biggest titles including: Assassins Creed: Revelations, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Mario Kart 7 and more! A few titles that may get caught under the weight of bigger games are also mentioned. If you have any views on this years releases why not hit us up on twitter @30minutegamers via email [email protected] or finally via the comments on this episode!

Number 1 greatest friend and fan here! any kind of award for that? :p

I had a problem when trying to stream the cast guys, it stopped after around 5 minutes, and did this on several attempts. Maybe it's just my work connection playing up, however when I Downloaded it, had no problems.

I liked you're preview of Skyward Sword and Mario Kart 7, November can't come soon enough.

I also saw the picture of the epic edition that Mike posted in the GOW thread, Looks incredible!

Completely forgot that LA Noire was released this year, despite the fact that I've been playing it recently (Yesterday), I only recently completed it, wasn't pleased with the Ending, just wasn't expected at all.

As for the game I loved it, just back tracking at the moment in free roam to collect the reels and such, I need 19 more cars, I'm determined to find them.

So are you guys planning a 'Best of 2011' episode? Assume that'll be after the November games rush.

6e3c7cdf.jpg

There! ;)

I had a problem when trying to stream the cast guys, it stopped after around 5 minutes, and did this on several attempts. Maybe it's just my work connection playing up, however when I Downloaded it, had no problems.

I just tried it and was streaming fine for me... Must be your works internet! :p

So are you guys planning a 'Best of 2011' episode? Assume that'll be after the November games rush.

Yeah, towards the end of the year or maybe beginning of next! Depends when we have both had a good play of stuff! haha

Thanks for the feedback again Murr!

I liked you're preview of Skyward Sword and Mario Kart 7, November can't come soon enough.

I also saw the picture of the epic edition that Mike posted in the GOW thread, Looks incredible!

Completely forgot that LA Noire was released this year, despite the fact that I've been playing it recently (Yesterday), I only recently completed it, wasn't pleased with the Ending, just wasn't expected at all.

As for the game I loved it, just back tracking at the moment in free roam to collect the reels and such, I need 19 more cars, I'm determined to find them.

Thanks for feedback again mate! yeah LA Noire is another good call although the ending does bring it down I feel...

Yes defintely going to have a best of 2011 episode...however I'm not really sure how we will work in a game of the year what with me not owning a 360 and also the fact we do have different plans as far as our purchases go. unless we call on listener participation or something or other.

Thanks for feedback again mate! yeah LA Noire is another good call although the ending does bring it down I feel...

Yes defintely going to have a best of 2011 episode...however I'm not really sure how we will work in a game of the year what with me not owning a 360 and also the fact we do have different plans as far as our purchases go. unless we call on listener participation or something or other.

Individual awards Mr Flame for consoles and persons! ;)

And whoever has the most powerful persuasion! Ha.

Something a bit different this week.

Before we recorded Episode 15 we were chatting for ages about random stuff and flameboy decided it sounded good enough for a podcast episode... the only problem is it is mainly about Doctor Who... SO if you don't like the Who listen till 02:15 and then skip till 23:39!

Normal Podcasting will resume next week.

30 Minute Gamers - Episode 16 OTT (Off Topic Time)

The 30 Minute Gamers are back with something slightly different. An extended conversation about the upcoming Doctor Who finale is bookended by musings on the 3DS and what we plan on playing for our 24 hour Extra Life efforts. As always give us your feedback on twitter @30minutegamers, on our facebook group, via email [email protected] or right here on podomatic. Enjoy the show back to the regular two topics format next week!

Okay, don't take offence but I skipped twenty minutes of the episode because 1. I don't like the new Doctor Who and 2. I don't like it but I'm going to try and watch it again.

Great episode from what I heard. Dead Space 2 is the dog's bollocks! Love the game and I agree, do not play it unless you're alone in the dark! Wish you guys all the best of luck in Extra Life but if you're looking for some games, go to HMV and look in their bargain bins, they sell new games for £5 just because it has no cover. I got Splinter Cell: Conviction, UFC 2010 and GTA: Episodes from there (though the last one was a gift for someone that I regret giving away because now I can't find it, haha)

Also, dude, The Goonies is on 5 this Sunday!!!

Okay, don't take offence but I skipped twenty minutes of the episode because 1. I don't like the new Doctor Who and 2. I don't like it but I'm going to try and watch it again.

Great episode from what I heard. Dead Space 2 is the dog's bollocks! Love the game and I agree, do not play it unless you're alone in the dark! Wish you guys all the best of luck in Extra Life but if you're looking for some games, go to HMV and look in their bargain bins, they sell new games for £5 just because it has no cover. I got Splinter Cell: Conviction, UFC 2010 and GTA: Episodes from there (though the last one was a gift for someone that I regret giving away because now I can't find it, haha)

Also, dude, The Goonies is on 5 this Sunday!!!

Non offence taken, did expect this would happen but shows do off topic quite often and didn't see the harm in giving it a go.

Dammit about The Goonies being on TV.

Thanks for the heads up about HMV...will take a look.