NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raven

Shadow the Hedgehog

Was it the wrong thing for me to create such a controversial thread?

Well, whether it is or isnt, it is something that i would like to discuss. I have noticed that this game really gets a bad rap from a lot of people... and im failing to understand why!

I own the game, grabbed it as soon as it hit stores, and am enjoying it a lot. i have noticed that a common arguement is "Sonic with guns = bad", but for some reason (in my opinion) the game still plays like a "sonic game".

it is fast paced, has all the sonic characters scattered about the place, and learning of shadows past is great! maybe those who dont like the game havent picked up a good book before? because i found the story quite entertaining...

im not sure if those who are needlessly slandering the game have played the game before... but they seem to be missing the point completely.

anyway, im sure that ive said plenty for you guys to have a shot at me for. so ill end my post now, and leave ya's to it!

The main reason every one thinks its a big pile-o-crap isnt because of the fact the game has guns in it, its the fact that its in the sonic series... but its not a sonic game. It's hard to explain so ill put it this way. When you go out and pick up a sonic game you expect no stop fast paced running and grabbing rings sorta game... (thats why eveyone is loving Sonic Rush) where as Shadow the hedgehog is a slow, gun shooting, sorta game with the most boring levels ever.

No dont get me wrong... im not saying because it is Shadow the Hedgehog it has to be fast like Sonic but thats what we come to expect. Just put it this way.. say we took the Aiai from Super Monkey Ball and put him into a game where he has to shoot lots of zombies across loads of boring levels to save the world... It whouldnt make a fun game because you expect to roll him around on a platform to get to the end.

But at the end of the day for me its down to it not being fast and the story and levels suck ball!

Infact i dont know why i have kept my copy! i should have took it to trade it in when i first got it

The main reason every one thinks its a big pile-o-crap isnt because of the fact the game has guns in it,
Actually, yeah it is! Or for me atleast (and there are others on here the same)!!

If it wasn't for the guns and other unnecessaries, i'd probably have bought it!

i have noticed that a common arguement is "Sonic with guns = bad", but for some reason (in my opinion) the game still plays like a "sonic game".

it is fast paced, has all the sonic characters scattered about the place, and learning of shadows past is great!

im not sure if those who are needlessly slandering the game have played the game before... but they seem to be missing the point completely.

What's 'the point' that everyone is missing about the game?

IMO, there was absolutely NO NEED for Sega to have implement guns into the game.

Shadow is the 'ultimate weapon' and he has the powers of Chaos control; he doesn't need guns what so ever!

This is shown immediately in the opening cimema where Shadow survives an explosion, teleports at lightspeed around the streets, flies, stops bullets with a force field and uses force powers to knock over enemies! If he can do all this, there is no need for Shadow himself to use guns!

and Sega could have easily given you the ability to use a wider range of chaos powers as weaponry and it would have kept the game much truer to the series/story!

I'm fine with the two enemy sides using guns; because they are at war.

I'm fine with Shadow using vehicles (though if he can fly and teleport, i'm not sure they're necessary),

However, it would have made for a much better gameplay experience and made you feel as though you were the ultimate weapon if you could have played the game just as Shadow himself (with his powers)!

Sega took the easy way out and tried to appeal to a new 'older' audience by making these changes, but I don't think it worked in their favour.

I'm sure more Sonic fans didn't buy the game (because of the changes), than more 'new' people bought it!

Good points Retro Link......maybe they should have just made it an actual Sonic Game ey......but made it a good 3D 1!!

i wanted to like this game, shadow is a really cool character, but when i played it it felt easy, rushed and samey. the enemies are crap too

if there was a challenge and if it was more varied then maybe a yes

Sign in to follow this