NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Cheapest way into 3D gaming? (passive 3D)

61iShOl6%2BIL._AA1500_.jpg

Hi. I'm on the verge on ordering this TV, VIZIO's 32-inch E3D320VX.

Active 3D is expensive and having read about Passive 3D it's a good alternative.

It cost under $500 and comes with 3D glasses.

But Will this work with PS3 3D games? I Know it will work with the Xbox 360 stereoscopic 3D games.

On their webpage they don't mention 3D gaming at all.

Most new 3DTVs will work with the PS3 no matter if they're active or passive.

I'm guessing that you're not bothered about losing HD when you turn 3D on. If so, then passive should be fine.

I read on another forum that with the current PS3 firmware update it only works with Active 3D? That might be wrong though. Passive is so new that I can't find any good info when I google it.

Passive has been around for ages, it just never caught on because it halves the horizontal resolution of the screen and is generally quite bad when it comes to ghosting. There's been passive 3D PC monitors since the mid-90's.

DiemetriX! There's a name I haven't seen in a while... where'd you go?

Rather than using active shutter glasses, you use passive glasses which are cheap and don't use any moving parts. The polarise the image you get from the screen, so you get 2 individual images. The screen sends both of them out simultaneously, using different polarisations for left and right.

DiemetriX! There's a name I haven't seen in a while... where'd you go?

^^ Been busy living the good life ;) I just bought my first apartment, and I'm running a Games store in Norway. N-Europe is still my fav forum ;) but I don't spent that much time on a PC these days.

Passive has been around for ages, it just never caught on because it halves the horizontal resolution of the screen and is generally quite bad when it comes to ghosting. There's been passive 3D PC monitors since the mid-90's.

Well in Norway they don't have any Passive 3D displays. Been asking around at the stores, but the TV's are still a couple of months away.

Edited by DiemetriX

Sign in to follow this