N-Europe

Wii U's Online

Retro_Link

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the one of the areas that i think Nintendo do really need to improve upon with the Wii U.

What i have read so far here doesn't fill me with confidence but since there has been no offical 'description' given by Nintendo i wont rule it out as a disaster just yet! ;)

I think that the comments made about Nintendo's online so far are massively open to interpretation. I appreciate that many people here are justifiably jaded and cynical about the possible Wii U online system but we shouldn't be jumping the gun.

The system explained in that interview is exactly how the system is on XBL. Developers are free to structure their online systems in the way that they choose, hosting their own servers and being responsible for the delivery of their own product. DLC, expansion packs and social functions are however handled by the XBL system.

Now I've read that interview transcript several times and I don't see anything that suggests that the system on Wii U will be any different. I think we are all just frustrated that we don't have any reassurance yet.

@Cube - Alright so you have access to the high res press photos :p

What is the port on the bottom edge for? Is this an alternate charging point?

You also had access to high res press photos at the time :p http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15651

I think we are all just frustrated that we don't have any reassurance yet.

And seeing as I very much doubt Nintendo to say any more about it this year we should stop getting so het up.