Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

adam & steve

dukkadukka

i totally agree with your point about invisibility, but i can't say i agree that there's no unity. look at how many gay pubs, clubs, bars and cafes there are in britain. then again though, any subculture gay people have is more artificial than a muslim or carribean community in britain, where these people are immersed in a culture form birth. maybe that's why some gay people feel uncomfortable about dscovering their sexuality, because when they realise their sexuality in a way they're given a new identity in society.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i totally agree with your point about invisibility, but i can't say i agree that there's no unity. look at how many gay pubs, clubs, bars and cafes there are in britain. then again though, any subculture gay people have is more artificial than a muslim or carribean community in britain, where these people are immersed in a culture form birth. maybe that's why some gay people feel uncomfortable about dscovering their sexuality, because when they realise their sexuality in a way they're given a new identity in society.

perhaps i worded it wrong, i didnt mean no unity, but a lesser amount of unity, given that many gay people can choose to remain in the closet and some go as far as marrying women to try and lead a normal life.