NEurope
~LAc~BodyCount

PS3 or Xbox 360

Wait, what...

The DS2's sticks are much better for shooters than the DS3's!!! Plus, the "triggers" that they added do absolutely nothing, it's quite definitely worse than the DS2 for shooters...

Wha? :idea:

Bollocks. That was the whole point of them. They're actually triggers now and not buttons, they have depth.

They don't.

Wha? :idea:

They set out to make an improvement, over the traditional R2 and L2 in order to make them more in tune with this generation. They failed so miserably that the developers whose games actually use these supposedly superior buttons circumvent them and use the triggers for auxiliary functions, which mostly have absolutely no gain in being placed in a button with various levels of depth.

So what you have here is a textbook failure to deliver. So much so that both the developers and the community preffer to not use these "improvements", and use the old style L1 and R1 buttons, thus proving my point that the DS2's shoulder buttons were, by default, better suited for these purposes.

As for the sticks, pick up a DS2 and just play around with it a bit. You'll notice the huge difference in the tightness of the analogs right away, I'll expect. They're precise and responsive, no dead zone issues or loose feel. Which most people seem to preffer, as well as most developers, judging by numbers.

So, out of the 3 biggest complaints that people keep making about the DS3, 2 of them were supposed to be "improvements" over the old DS2. And yet the triggers are worse than the SNES triggers and such an impedement that games are designed around the notion of avoiding the use of these buttons for the tasks they were supposed to be used for AND the analogs went from perky and responsive, which everybody was fine with, to loose, which clearly most people do not favour to the previous setup.

What is there to "wha" about? It's a fact that mostly everybody hates the new triggers and that the majority of the gaming community preffers the 360's more tight analogs to the DS3's loosey-gooseys. And both these issues weren't present on the DS2... how the hell is that anything but an absolute failure.

Again, I love my PS3, and if I could only have one console this generation, the PS3 would definitely be it... but when it comes to the DS3, I just think that Sony failed miserably.

The whole point about the triggers thing, whether you like them or not, is that they were clearly introduced as a response to the popularity of shooters (they're triggers, it's what they're obviously meant for). Whether or not you think they achieve that, it's a sure sign of making controllers to suit play for the most popular games.