NEurope
Ramar

Happy St George's Day!

st_george.jpg

Today is St George's Day for a lot of places:

Aragon, Catalonia, England, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, India, Iraq, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia and Russia, as well as the cities of Genoa, Amersfoort, Beirut, Fakiha, Bteghrine, Cáceres, Ferrara, Freiburg, Kumanovo, Ljubljana, Pomorie, Preston, Qormi, Rio de Janeiro, Lod, Barcelona, Moscow, Tamworth and the Maltese island of Gozo,

Drink an ale in the name of our dragon slaying saint and celebrate your heritage.

In Birmingham there's an event going on at Victoria Square

Morris Dancing, Beatles Tribute band and a few other bits and pieces-I'm going to take a walk down later and check it out.

I will be at work, working. I'm glad St. George's day is finally getting a bit more recognition. A few years ago no one I knew even knew who St. George was - but of course they all knew about St. Patricks day.

In Birmingham there's an event going on at Victoria Square

Morris Dancing, Beatles Tribute band and a few other bits and pieces-I'm going to take a walk down later and check it out.

Awesome. The only event I know about here is the local giving a free pint to any named George or Georgina (with proving ID obviously).

It's a bit of a shame how poorly celebrated St George's Day is these days.

Awesome. The only event I know about here is the local giving a free pint to any named George or Georgina (with proving ID obviously).

You can change your name by deep poll online now if you want that free pint.

You can change your name by deep poll online now if you want that free pint.

Haha, tempted but not that desperate. :grin:

It's a bit of a shame how poorly celebrated St George's Day is these days.

Some pubs near me are doing it. I nearly text my friend saying he should take his daughter Georgina and claim it but as it turns out it can only go to the namesake and she's about 3.

DOWN THE BOOZER FOR A PINT OF ENGLISH MATE!

(tho srs i am gonna go down the pub for a pint in a bit)

Why is St. Patrick's day celebrated but not this or St. Andrew's day?

It's not St George's day. A saint's day cannot be on the same day as Easter, as the holy week takes precedence. Therefore St George's day is on 2nd May this year.