N-Europe

How much are you paying for your connection?

Debug Mode

I'm noticing even more often lately the fact that broadband providers are not listing their average prices after the initial contract. Some aren't even listing the price after their grace period.

So guys, I need a little help. I feel that we're not being billed correctly for our Virgin Size L (10mb) subscription. We are being charged £20 for it, but I'm hearing often that some friends of mine that are way past their welcome package costs that they are being billed £15 and my grandfather after threatening to leave Virgin has netted it for a fiver. Some thing is up.

If you could help chip in information, no matter who provides your service, I aim to make this thread a guide for those who think they may not have had their contracts updated in line with new prices (We caught them out 2 years ago billing us five pounds too much, we think it's happening again).

Provider: Virgin Media

Broadband service: Size L (10mb)

Cost: £20 (plus the ridiculous paper billing charge)

I am on O2, I pay £30 per month for unlimited adsl broadband and phone line rental.

I get download speeds up to 1.2mb/s, plus free evening and weekend phone calls.

It was a 12 month contract but that ended last month.

Used to get it £5 cheaper when I had a mobile with O2.

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of making a new thread, line rental is only for when you want a landline telephone right?

I'm on virgin only broadband up to 20Mb, unlimited downloads for £30 a month which is ending in a month or two. I need to find a cheaper one which is just as good. Any recommendations for just broadband?