NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EEVILMURRAY

Suggestions for Photography project

This is probably treading the line between General and Tech but since I'm mainly asking for suggestions, and also Tech talk is about as dead as my ability to drive, rather than asking for tips.

But if anyone [ha] has noticed my other topic in the other section I'm making a three-poster project for Photography, which must be done on Grr. Photoshop, that's right. The program I swore never to use on the basis that it's cheating is the one I have to use for bloody Uni.

As mentioned, 3 posters, on anything we want. One fellow classmate has done a Blancmange Defamation League for example, another doing a Sock Monster Awareness. I, for once lacking creativity [must've been in photoshop shock] decided on a "wrap up for winter" thing, which basically involved me in one picture wearing a coat, the other in a 118 vest and shorts, with Jack Frost photoshopped on top. Shite no?

One morning at 7:30 an idea struck me. Rolf Harris, the legend. He needs awareness. Thus the Rolf Harris Appreciation Massive [RHAM] was born. Now I know they're not perfect, since my photoshop cherry has just been popped.

Poster One: In Rolf We Trust.

rolfnote11al.jpg

Poster Two: The Rolf Giveth...

rolfworld19qt.jpg

Now I need some sort of suggestion for my third. I was planning to graft his head on Errol Flynn from some sort of Robin Hood, but it just isn't worthy of The Rolf's stature.

Go.

I really do wish i knew how people got the fonts and everthing like that.. a rolf wobble board?

Is it really a photography project if you're not actually taking the photos dare I ask?

Still not sure about creative (which is what I presume you meant by "tech") or general. Will ponder about it and maybe move it tomorrow.

I really do wish i knew how people got the fonts and everthing like that..

Well I actually used the letters on offer there and stuck them together. Remixed a few, for example to make the L in Rolf I used the T from Trust, turned it over and chopped a bit off.

Is it really a photography project if you're not actually taking the photos dare I ask?

I think the same with using Photoshop, photography for me is just taking photos, narrow minded perhaps but shabba.

My teacher said it would help if I took a picture of my hand in the thumbs up pose... apparently it would make it better. I lied about where I got the images from to her, I said I scanned a Dollar bill [i do own one] and the autobiography for the face [which I do own, but the face isn't from there] I only did the Jesus one yesterday, so she hasn't seen that yet.

But I'm not sure how physical photos will help big up the greatness of the Rolf.

Still not sure about creative (which is what I presume you meant by "tech") or general. Will ponder about it and maybe move it tomorrow.

Creative for art perhaps, but I said Tech on the chance that I end up asking people for tips. It's a triforce topic.

Creative for art perhaps, but I said Tech on the chance that I end up asking people for tips. It's a triforce topic.

Oh I see, although I'd still say photoshop is creative unless its "help my photoshop isn't loading" or something. Its a grey area, I'll give you that.

Anyway back to the photoshop debate. Im a lover of Photoshop (obviously) and I only used it twice in all six... think it was six, photography projects. The first time was my first project two years ago and that was only to slightly change the brightness/contrast of an image to give it a little "oomph"

The second time it was almost entirely in photoshop. I took some 300 odd photos as my souce material and scanned it all into photoshop. Then I enlarge areas, picking up key patches of colour. They were simple things. Then my teacher gave me the idea of making an installation, so I would have a large photo (20"x30") in the background. Then at the front there would be the abstract colours I mentioned, but as you got closer to the back photo it became less abstract.

I can take photos of parts of it (as the installation takes ages to set up and requires hooks and such) to show you what I mean but I still consider that a photography project. I started with photos, I manipulated photos and created an art piece. Photoshop - when used in the right way - is the new dark room. It can be used for all its bells and whistles to make nice adverts, avatars, doodles etc but it can be used to dodge/burn, alter contrast, change exposure, like in a dark room.

(Wow, rant much?)

Since you seem vastly experienced in the arts, would you recommend anything I could do to get the hair right in the jesus one?

Since you seem vastly experienced in the arts, would you recommend anything I could do to get the hair right in the jesus one?

Its a shame pelican's not around still.

jesus.jpg

Although the two tone thing could be cause you painted it. Did you or is it a photoshop job?

Its a shame pelican's not around still.

jesus.jpg

Although the two tone thing could be cause you painted it. Did you or is it a photoshop job?

He should use the clone tool to copy the lighter brown straggerly hair over the darker bit.

Just a suggestion.

I played around with the hue/saturation on both bits to try and find a common shade. Any suggestions for the third picture?

Bump Shabba'z. I have an idea which I am about to run by j00 all. But first, I believe I have finished the first two images.

rolfnote3le.th.jpg

rolfworldcopy5fu.th.jpg

Now I remember someone in my class was telling my about Rik Mayall's autobiography which had a picture of the Last Supper, with Rik's head grafted on every body, now I did think of doing the same but it seems too much work and is blatently copying, so I thought about what I could do which is similar. I thought of the painting of the Dog's playing cards, I'm thinking of slamming Rolf's head on all the dogs, like it's been cut out of a magazine. Imagine the Nintendo campaign where they stuck heads/the like on people, looking obviously added on top.

Its an interesting idea, but been done a fair bit. You need to find something thats still within the pop-culture brains of people but not been overdone such as..... maybe "The Scream" but then thats still a classic painting. Maybe the famous picture of...someone being lifted after the 66 world cup win (you know what im on about).

Will try and think of other things that may work.

I've decided on my last poster. The Rolftastic Four. Now this obviously isn't complete yet but I thought I'd give all my lovely shabba's a sneak preview.

RolftasticFourcopy.jpg

I'm hoping to remix the names at the bottom so it reads:

The Rolf Torch.

The Rolf.

Invisible Rolf.

Mr. Rolftastic.

Sign in to follow this