NEurope
ReZourceman

Guitar Hero Franchise Axed?!

Me too! Beating Dragonforce on Expert might just be the favourite achievement I've collected :D

Good, it's about time it was cancelled. I agree with the statement Activision issued, how many Guitar Heros do you need?. In my case, none.

About time, the market has become completely saturated, Rock Band outshone GH when it first appeared and none of the guitar-only games since 3 have done anything interesting or been worth picking up.

The same thing will happen to CoD in a few years.

I highly doubt cod will get the axe its too popular, even when it dies down, they'll prob just change the name and call it somthing else. CoD is always upgrading each year with new stuff, GH etc didn't really, and the music sucked in most of em...

I highly doubt cod will get the axe its too popular, even when it dies down, they'll prob just change the name and call it somthing else. CoD is always upgrading each year with new stuff, GH etc didn't really, and the music sucked in most of em...

People think COD is getting upgraded every year, but it really isn't. Minor tweaks to the multiplayer every year since COD4.

Much like Guitar Hero. What a coincidence..

Good, it's about time it was cancelled. I agree with the statement Activision issued, how many Guitar Heros do you need?. In my case, none.

This makes zero sense. Why would you be glad something is gone if it didn't affect you or you never played it? It had nothing to do with you.

It was inevitable really.

At least Harmonix are still going, they've made great music games for years.

Guitar Hero had been dead to me since 2009. The last truly great Guitar Hero game was the Rocks The 80s expansion game - Harmonix's last.

GH3 was good, but it felt like nothing much had changed to it, apart from making it even more difficult than the HOPO-free first one. I did truly enjoy GH4 for about a month, then I got Rock Band 2 and my mind was FUCKING BLOWN.

Rock Band 3 has shown to everyone that Harmonix were intent on pushing the genre forward and making new stuff for it. The Pro Mode is truly amazing and I can't wait to get a Pro Guitar, which will hopefully be very, very soon.

It's a shame it's likely 3 will be the last one, but fuck me in the shitter if it isn't an incredible swansong.

Me too! Beating Dragonforce on Expert might just be the favourite achievement I've collected :D

'Twas mine too, until I did the Endless Setlist 2 and got all 4 of them for it. :awesome:

I can't believe it's been 3 years since I became inhuman. :o