N-Europe

Getting rid of OTHER on an ipod...

flameboy

After a bit of searching, it seems to be old iTunes data. If you've synced it to a second account it would have put all the original data into "other", one version of iTunes also did this by mistake so you may have been unlucky enough to be caught by that.

Unfortunately, it seems that resorting (or jailbreaking) is the only way to fix it.

Can't you just backup the game data and restore it?

After a bit of searching, it seems to be old iTunes data. If you've synced it to a second account it would have put all the original data into "other", one version of iTunes also did this by mistake so you may have been unlucky enough to be caught by that.

Unfortunately, it seems that resorting (or jailbreaking) is the only way to fix it.

Can't you just backup the game data and restore it?

When you back up its doesn't back up game data. It seems there are hit and miss methods to getting the data off and no guarantee you can get them back. High Scores games aren't as bad because they resync with openfeint and gamecentre, its any game with any kind of level progression, unlocks etc...

I've never synced it to another itunes account...It's annoying the file keeps getting bigger and bigger for no apparent reason....urgh. Looks like restoring may be the only solution.

I've had to restore my iPhone several times and the games I have have their status saved on the backup I use to restore it.

I don't have that many games that need it though :)

Yeah I ended up restoring the vast majority of games do still stay saved some don't.