NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mizuti

Teh King Kong thread!

Well, the movie has it's World "release" today, but lucky me; i saw it yesterday ^^

It is by far the best movie i have seen in a VERY long time, maybe the best movie i have ever seen. It's long and full of scary shit, and some ******* awsome shit!! I LOVE KÃŒNG KONG!! If you have any doubt you'll go see it, well... drop those doubts and go see the best movie of the century.

... it's better than LotR and Harry Potter. MUCH better.

... it's better than.......... Harry Potter. MUCH better.
LOL, I should hope so!!!!

I really can't wait to see this film, it looks INCREDIBLE!!

So far Star Wars Episode III is my film of 2005,

Whether it's better than LotR, i'll just have to wait and see!

ooooh, better then lotr...the best trilogy ever made....yes i cant wait to see it...

should be star wars 10 times over really

just booked my tickets for thursday night. really cannot wait, hope its as good as i am expecting it to be. saw film 2005 last night jonathan ross seems to love it anyway.

Be Quiet... :mad:

please, i loved star wars, your fanboysim of the saga shrouds your movie instinct. bad dialogue and acting was what spoiled it, lotr > star wars x 10

infact...

sin city was better then star wars as a movie. star wars is my....number 2 lets say

just got back from seeing kong

what can i say

TOO FUCKING AWESOME...film of the year, should win at least 5 oscars

and seriously, if you dont feel a teeny bit emotional during that film, even close to shedding a tear. you are dead inside

hehe, how are those two films at all related? howl's was disappointing for me, i'm hoping that king kong is much better.

hehe, how are those two films at all related? howl's was disappointing for me, i'm hoping that king kong is much better.

I thought it was pretty amazing. Not as good as the other Ghibli films, but still darn good. Should get oscar for best animation.

Saw it yesterday.

It's really impressive from a technical standpoint, but that's about the only thing that's really good about it. The first half certainly was the better one, it had me glued to my seat with a sense of tension.

After a while the effects of the pretty CG visuals just wears a little thin I'd say. At three hours, the last two almost entirely filled with over the top action, the film was really too long to hold my interest. Much better than ROTS (obviously) but definitly overrated.

see thats what most people are gonna complain about, its too long moan moan moan...its peter jackson, he likes his films with a story, not just mindless crap.

Peter Jackson...story...what are you talking about?

There's very little introduced to the storyline after about half way through, after Kong takes away Ann Darrow.

That's what made the film overlong and boring towards the end.

Crap this film certainly is not, but mindless it most definitly is. It's just a popcorn-film, pure eyecandy but not much else. Peter Jackson undoubtely intended it to be that way, but action for the sake of action isn't my cup of tea.

i though this film was awesome. didnt feel like i was in the cinema for 3 hours. id elaborate more, but i cant be bothered, so go see, i dont think that many will be disappointed. :yay:

Peter Jackson...story...what are you talking about?

There's very little introduced to the storyline after about half way through, after Kong takes away Ann Darrow.

That's what made the film overlong and boring towards the end.

Crap this film certainly is not, but mindless it most definitly is. It's just a popcorn-film, pure eyecandy but not much else. Peter Jackson undoubtely intended it to be that way, but action for the sake of action isn't my cup of tea.

it certianly wasnt mindless action, if it was i dont think i would of given a toss about king kong, but the film reduced me to tears

Just got back from watching King Kong. Fantastically well made film, the cgi is amazing, the actors were fantastic. The thing that let it down was the fact I knew the story and it dragged on a bit, 3 hours was a bit too long.

Some incredibly funny deaths, when they find the dinosaurs and giant insects.

Just got back from watching it....

BEST

FILM

EVER

Can't describe how amazing it is, but for me nothing tops it.

Just got back from watching it....

BEST

FILM

EVER

Can't describe how amazing it is, but for me nothing tops it.

Does it even beat LOTR & Star Wars!

For me personally yeah, although I HATE comparing, comparing things so different is foolish. But King Kong WOAH, fecking loved it.

Does it even beat LOTR & Star Wars!

thats the thing, i said to him on msn that its not as lotr, but then im kidding myself, i never consider lotr as a film, 1 film doesnt stand on its own, u need all 3, therefore its the best trilogy ever, kong is definatly best film of the decade

Sign in to follow this