NEurope
nightwolf

Cataclysm: World of Warcraft

Haha yeah, I work at GAME. We do indeed, which was odd, the boxes they came in even had 'DO NOT SELL UNTIL 7/12' stickers on them like CoD did. Thought it was a bit excessive!

On top of that, staff are allowed to buy games before their release date with the exception of some titles on publisher request (once again CoD and Fable 3 for example) and this is one of those titles that we're not allowed to buy early. Seems odd to me!

I thought it was pretty odd when I first read about it. Not as if we can play it early. You install it, then... wait... Yeah...

I work for GameStation and I think the same thing will be happening anyway, though we didn't get Fable as an embargo, but i'll be going up tomorrow and trying my luck anyway since i'll be passing. I get that publishers will want to embargo some really big games and all, but with this it's just weird.

Wanted to get a physical copy or CE, but I have a feeling if I want to start right of the bat i'll just need to get the digital version. (Art book looks awesome)

People buy WoW strategy guides?... Surely that takes the fun out of everything.

Yes and no. I can understand why you might want to for an MMO where there is just so much overwhelming content and it's not always clear where to go or what to do, and a helping hand is what you look for. Don't tell me you've never used Thottbot or WoWWiki? :P

Though for an expasion pack it does seem a little weird. Surely at level 80 (85!) you know what you're doing?

I've used Wowwiki loads, mainly to find out boss loot drop rates etc. But that backs up my point, there's loads of sites covering the content. Considering WoW is a net savvy game, you would imagine most of the people playing aren't paying an additional £15 (or what ever it is) for information they can find in seconds for nothing.

But yeah my initial thought on strategy guides was dungeons and questing, not the nitty gritty stat stuff.

Looks like I won't be buying Cataclysm for a while, work still haven't paid me and I've literally no money until they do.

For shame :(

Haha yeah, I work at GAME. We do indeed, which was odd, the boxes they came in even had 'DO NOT SELL UNTIL 7/12' stickers on them like CoD did. Thought it was a bit excessive!

Wait, 7.....you silly Europeans with your month coming after the day when writing the date.

I was about to question why the game wasn't being sold until the 12th 5 days after it releases here, then I realized.

Still rather dumb that you can't sell retail copies of the game considering you can buy it online and download it immediately, irrelevant of not being able to play until the servers are live.

No sign of parcelfarce so far. :(

Same, quite annoyed considering I didn't pay for parcelforce, I selected free delivery. :(

In regards to the GAME CE, i've read a few things so far. Some being they won't be here till tomorrow, when they sent the dispatch e-mail, they hadn't actually been picked up by Parcel Force(which they defaulted orders to) and was only picked up at the weekend/today/not yet.

And some terms in an email stated if it was sent on Friday, something about arriving on Tuesday. It's pretty all over the place. I've had to go for ugly digital since i'm house bound again.

Yeah, mine standard version was dispatched on Friday, but it didn't arrive today. We've not had that much post though, just because of the snow. I'm hoping it's on my doormat when I get home from work tomorrow though...

My post hasn't been interrupted at all, just GAME being arse whipes. What with the hassle I had with the price changing of the CE and now this I think I'll take my service elsewhere in future. That is after I've redeemed various vouchers and points they've sent my way as apologies for my angry emails.

I'm that bothered that I can't get this that I'm trading in some of my games to get it.

Will have.

picked up a copy for me and my brother in town today, account is all ready for 11pm tonight!

picked up a copy for me and my brother in town today, account is all ready for 11pm tonight!

/jealous

Enjoy! :weep:

Yep, on vent with the guild cursing at the ones already on and crying with the others who won't even reach 'Success'.

It's like the lottery.

It's making me laugh, given I can't buy WoW til tomorrow, it amuses me that people didn't realise this would happen.

Never really happened before. With WotLK I was on and handing in quests pretty much instantly. This is just really bad :heh:

There's always an influx of people it's part of the fun. Though I must admit I'm quite enjoying missing the hassle of it all.

There's always an influx of people it's part of the fun. Though I must admit I'm quite enjoying missing the hassle of it all.

Same!

Wotlk was smoooth, went to howling fjord, killed some wolfs and loved it. <3 Bring on tomorrow! (Hopefully game is stable)

Edited by UziT

Never really happened before. With WotLK I was on and handing in quests pretty much instantly. This is just really bad :heh:

It was more that with WOTLK it was far easier to see what would happen, with this it seemed inevitable that something like this was bound to happen.

As it is I'm hoping you guys get in and have fun, I shall be around tomorrow. :)

CE arrived a few minutes ago. Glad it's finally turned up, but it arrived at the wrong time. I've errands to be doing this morning.

I can't win. :P