N-Europe

Car problems - again

nightwolf

Oh shock and horror my car has once again something wrong with her.

I recently when I've been driving around heard a sloshing noise coming from my passenger side door (I only have a three door car, or two door in non-car speak), it wasn't very loud and kept going away so I left it thinking it was getting slightly clogged with the holes at the bottom.

Now after it's been raining heavily the last week there is/was a lot of water, yesterday I parked on a flat carpark and it drained for a good 5 minutes.

I'm assuming it's the holes at the bottom getting clogged up as I googled and found my model of fiesta only has two holes instead of the normal 3, which ford won't admit is an issue. I've checked the seals and can't really find any faults with them.

I'm guessing then that I shall have to find a flat place to park, get something to poke at the holes and see if they unclog?

Does anybody have any form of sensible suggestion as to what else could be causing the problem? If I go to kwik fit will they charge me an arm and leg for stuff I could check myself?

Help, help, help?!

Yeah, I don't know what it is. It's probably some sealant they use or something coming away.

I will do as you suggest and see how it goes, I do have to have a winter service soon so I might bring it up then and see if they can tell me, for now I shall get on my butt and check the car door.

Thanks Caris, I'm glad it's nothing major!

Sorry to drag this back up.

Basically I've not had chance to really poke around at my car, for one reason or another. Anyway the last day it's been raining pretty much all day and once again my car door has water in it.

What I worry about is if it gets too full? I can easily drain it when I get time to move my car, but I don't want to knacker the electrics, currently it closes/locks/the window is fine, I did read that inside the door is waterproof..but I need someone mechanical minded to put my mind at ease.

I'm guessing that either the water is channeled around the electrics or the electrics are in a waterproof unit. Probably both. If I can think to waterproof the electrics, I'm sure a Ford designer with loads of experience will too.

Heh, true.. :(

Sorry, I just worry far too much.

Oh I do to. Well, just the Scirocco, the Polo can rust in a heap for all I care.

I think I love my car more than most people...worrying really...

I love my car too, it's why when things go wrong that I panic, I'm just glad this isn't a serious problem, I don't want to have to send it to bloody kwik fit or some shoddy mechanic.

Haha, I can't knock kwik fit too much really, they did fix my suspension springs which happened to be the fault of ford.

Ford made my car with silly suspension springs and only two holes in my doors, damnit.

Thanks for the advice guys, I can sleep a little easier!