NEurope
Serebii

Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS

Reduced to £29.86 at ShopTo.Net

Tempting...

Keep in mind that there isn't an awful lot to this "game", unless you really enjoy replaying stages/going for high scores. Or, you genuinely want to try and improve your typing ability.

If you're already a good typist, you'll probably be done with this in under an hour, so you're essentially just buying a cool mini-keyboard. :D

Anyway, I'm still enjoying it (mainly because I'm pretty crap at typing :hehe:) some of the rare Pokémon are proving too difficult for me though. Like Ho-Oh, can't even get passed the initial stages on that battle! :blush:

If only I could touch type... This game must be so easy for people that can.

Came close to catching Celebi a few times, but still haven't managed it:

H8XFp.jpg

How about you @Serebii, have you caught yourself? :heh:

Reduced to £29.86 at ShopTo.Net

Tempting...

Son of a bitch :(

Keep in mind that there isn't an awful lot to this "game", unless you really enjoy replaying stages/going for high scores. Or, you genuinely want to try and improve your typing ability.

If you're already a good typist, you'll probably be done with this in under an hour, so you're essentially just buying a cool mini-keyboard. :D

Anyway, I'm still enjoying it (mainly because I'm pretty crap at typing :hehe:) some of the rare Pokémon are proving too difficult for me though. Like Ho-Oh, can't even get passed the initial stages on that battle! :blush:

If only I could touch type... This game must be so easy for people that can.

Came close to catching Celebi a few times, but still haven't managed it:

H8XFp.jpg

How about you @Serebii, have you caught yourself? :heh:

Of course. His mastery of time travel is no match for my typing mastery

180/180 medals. 403 Pokémon captured.

Catching Shaymin was a bitch though...you have less than a second after it changes form

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Son of a bitch :(
Indeed. :hmm:

They could have at least given it a week. :sad:

Of course. His mastery of time travel is no match for my typing mastery

180/180 medals. 403 Pokémon captured

Nice! :bowdown:

Catching Shaymin was a bitch though...you have less than a second after it changes form
Guess I can forget about that one then. :D

It still throws me somewhat when I have to include the spaces. For example, in Function Tower, you have to face two Pokémon at once. In the Japanese one, you could just type the names continuously and go from say Giaru to Gigigiaru with no space. Here, you have to do the space. Mr. Mime and Mime Jr. throw me too :p

Here, you have to do the space. Mr. Mime and Mime Jr. throw me too :p
Yeah, I get caught out on them all the time because of that space. :grin:

I find the stage that chucks random words/phrases at you (right Shift I think it is) to be quite a good laugh. Is there an endless equivalent of that stage?

Also, do you get anything for collecting all the medals? Other than the custom keyboard skins/sounds.

Yeah, I get caught out on them all the time because of that space. :grin:

I find the stage that chucks random words/phrases at you (right Shift I think it is) to be quite a good laugh. Is there an endless equivalent of that stage?

Also, do you get anything for collecting all the medals? Other than the custom keyboard skins/sounds.

Unfortunately not. Left Shift is like it, but causing you to have to deal with caps

Nothing for catching all Pokémon (when is there? except Black 2 & White 2) barring the skin and PRIDE

Unfortunately not. Left Shift is like it, but causing you to have to deal with caps
You sure it's Left Shift? I just tried that stage, it involved caps, but was just place names and wasn't endless. :hmm:

So far the only endless stage I've discovered is on the Tab key, no timer or path on that one, but it ends after 5 mistakes.

Anyway, I managed to finally catch Celebi:

Gq99e.jpg

Now I'm having trouble on Key 7 Lucky Paradise. I'm supposed to be able to know which egg to break by how Chansey moves, but it seems to move exactly the same each time an egg is thrown. :heh:

Have only managed to break 2 eggs in a row. :laughing:

What the hell am I looking for in its movement?

I meant Left Shift was like Right Shift, but with caps :p

For 7, it's tricky. Sometimes the one you want has a shadow while the other doesn't. Other times Chansey moves towards it or jumps around it. It varies

I meant Left Shift was like Right Shift, but with caps :p
Oh. :hehe:

For 7, it's tricky. Sometimes the one you want has a shadow while the other doesn't. Other times Chansey moves towards it or jumps around it. It varies
Cheers, I'll try to keep a look out for that stuff next time I play it then.

Mine has arrived today!

Having an absolute blast with this, I want my little sis to eventually have a go with this too!

anyway here's some pictures of the keyboard in all it's glory...

lxilb.jpg

8ilnr.jpg

om6bx.jpg

And here's my Typist Card atm.

rbmp2.jpg

So what's the keyboard like? Anyone used it with an Android device, I know it works on an iPad?

Was going to wait for a price drop but not sure if it will now (further than £29 anyway).

So what's the keyboard like? Anyone used it with an Android device

Personally I found the keyboard to be both visually appealing and physically comfortable to use. You get a good response from the keys too, I really like it.

Also to answer your question, Yes.

I was able to connect it to my Samsung Note. Was really simple to connect, it took no more than 30 seconds and you're ready to go.

All you have to do is switch on the bluetooth on your device (in this case an android phone) and search for other devices.

Next you have to hold down the Fn (function) button and switch on the Nintendo keyboard, afterwards you should be able to see the keyboard appear in the bluetooth devices list on your device, select it then you will get a message that tells you to key in the number that's shown on the screen using the Nintendo keyboard. Once you've correctly keyed in the number press the enter button and now the keyboard should be successfully paired with your device.

So tempted to gt this, but the last thing ineed is more games. My worry s this game will either be a bargain bin game very quickly, or incredibly rare....

Well I caved and ordered from Shopto and now I'm using the keyboard with my tablet to type this message :)

What? There's a game?!

Edited by Ike

Well I caved and ordered from Shopto and now I'm using the keyboard with my tablet to type this message :)

What? There's a game?!

Gotta Type 'em All!

now I'm using the keyboard with my tablet to type this message :)

So, what do you think?

So tempted to gt this, but the last thing ineed is more games. My worry s this game will either be a bargain bin game very quickly, or incredibly rare....

It's already incredibly rare, so yeah... :P

Still waiting for my copy to arrive, but at least it was shipped a long time ago. Should have it any day now...

Edited by FireMeowth

So, what do you think?

Not bad actually, nice and clunky. Perfect size for tablet use, lol. Think I need to get used to it though. :) Keep wanting to reach for a mouse which is odd. :laughing:

Seems odd to me that Nintendo would release a keyboard that only one game will probably use. But nothing new there with Nintendo :P

I will play the game, I promise :P

Edit: Oh, apparently I can't set it to the UK keyboard layout. No pound sign for me.

Edited by Ike

This game is one of the best Pokémon games ever.

I fully expected the game to be awesome, but I'm still amazed at how great it is! I won't hesitate to place it on at least a shared first place on my list of favourite Pokémon games.

So far, I've played it for 6 hours and 45 minutes (and enjoyed every second).

Just finished the last of the courses in the Groudon area, and I've fully cleared all the stages so far - got all the available medals and researched all the available Pokémon on each of the stages (that missing gold medal in the Z course is very annoying), including 1-6 and the never-ending Tab track.

Can't wait to play more, though I think it'll have to wait till tomorrow. Curse you, lack of free time!

And yeah, I desperately hope they find a way to let me use the keyboard for playing games like Animal Crossing 3DS. One of the best features of Let's Go to the City was definitely the option of using a USB keyboard.

EDIT:

And I'm done!

180/180 medals!

404/404 Pokémon!

All Pokémon researched on each and every course!

Playtime: Just below 20 hours (probably quite a few spent just enjoying the amazing music, or just browsing the research notes).

Definitely one of my best Pokémon gaming experiences.

Edited by FireMeowth

I finally caved and bought it :) I'm using the keyboard so no stupid ipad style autocorrects from me anymore. works very well actually. Excellent.

Will try the game out later!